PDA

View Full Version : Hazard pay for bee stings?

Steve9
07-24-2004, 12:00 AM
I was mowing one of my good regular customers Wed after i did some tree trimming for her when i felt something bite the back of my leg. I didnt think anything of it until i made another pass and BANG it hit me again! I looked down and a swarm of yellow jackets were coming out of one of those plastic termite traps they put in the ground! I let the Skag go and took off to the truck. One was up my pants leg and i swatted him with my gloved hand and jumped into the truck. Got it twice but could have been worse. I waited for them to calm down then hit them with some spray that had a 20' shot. That knocked em out instantly. I billed her $85 for the lawn and tree work and left her a note telling her what happened and be careful. She sent me a check for $100 and a note saying, "sorry about that heres a little extra for hazard pay!" haha Made my day....

J&R
07-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Here in north Georgia last week man gets stung 2 times by yellow jacket cutting his lawn and dies before getting to hospital.

lawnman_scott
07-24-2004, 12:27 AM
I got stung once and barley made it to the hospital. My throat was swelling up, and itching all over like crazy. Now i have to carry my epipen.