PDA

View Full Version : Would you do it?

BMFD92
07-24-2004, 12:11 AM
I have a family friend who is a big CEO of some company and he makes like 5 million a year. He greatly admires my business and passion for it and he was over last weekend for a family event. I brought him to my office and truck with the equipment. We were talking about accounts and such and I told him I really want to expand next year. I told him how I am getting a couple thousand flyers put out and I have my territory marked out. He thinks I can get at least 30 more but I never make assumptions on how much I am gonna get I just wait for the call. I told him how I need to add on another mower. I was thinking another walkbehind or a ztr. Depends on the size of the accounts. Anyway here is the point......he told me he would pay a good amount on the price if I do some work at his house for cheap. I mean he is offering to pay for a new ztr! I don't like it when people pay for equipment and I think I should pay for my business but what do I do in this situation. What would you do?

DFW Area Landscaper
07-24-2004, 12:13 AM
I'd dump the little mowing business and hit him up for a nice six figure white collar job.

Oh, and start asking about insider stuff. That's where the real money is.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

tiedeman
07-24-2004, 12:33 AM
if you are going to do it, make a contract up for how long and what price you are going to do his property at

chris28
07-24-2004, 11:34 AM
I would do it. I like the idea of the written contract to spell everything out. You dont want to be taken advantage of when he decides to make you do all kinds of other stuff around his house and says..."but I bought you that mower". Not much different than a customer who pays you for the year up front...
Good luck.

BMFD92
07-24-2004, 12:07 PM
thanks for the advice guys. I'll talk to him about it today but the next question is what do I get?

kipper
07-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Why not just go the work, get paid, and then buy the mower. He is still paying the same amount and you are still doing the same amount. You might become " slave to the lender ". By that I mean at the next family gathering would you feel the same talking to him if you owed him.