PDA

View Full Version : Thank you TruGreen

tiedeman
07-23-2004, 11:42 PM
I just want to say a big thank you to TruGreen for doing poor quality work. Your poor quality work and products have given me an opportunity to take your ex-customers and give them a fair priced, quality service, and great product fertilization program.

I am living my dream....to make ex-customers of TruGreen have a green and weed free lawn. Thank you TruGreen!

dcondon
07-24-2004, 10:21 PM
We have been getting them also Troy. They have ruined about 3 of our lawns. I love to see a nice dark green lawn now.

Precision
07-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Tru green is my favorite. Some of the local guys actually do their job, but the Tru Green guys are keeping me good graces with my clients. I tell them they aren't the only ones and give them permission to get rid of Tru green. They love that.

HOOLIE
07-24-2004, 11:27 PM
As bad as their rep is getting, I'm surprised TruGreen can still attract clients. I guess its like McDonald's food. You know its not that great, but they are everywhere and you still find yourself running in for lunch a lot.

I'm going to start offering lawn treatments next season, already have verbal commitments from many of my customers who use TruGreen.

Macvols
02-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Trugreen has always done their job with knowledge and hard work
Noooooooo Complaints at all!!!! :)

TScapes
02-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Hey Macvols! I have seen you post your favor of TG everytime someone says anything negative about them. My conclusion is that you either work for them or are in bed with them. Until you actually work for them, you may keep that opinion. But once you work for them for longer than a year, you will have a true understanding of what everyone is saying. Here is a thought for you to dwell over.... why is it that when TG decided to start buying landscaping companies and eventually merged with Landcare, everyone started applauding? It is because they were waiting for Trugreen to make a mistake. Since then, TGLC has sold their Design Build division to ECI-Valley Crest, had all the head of acquired companies leave the TG family, and their parent company, Service Master, had their stock value drop to an alltime low. This was a major business @*^$-up! Since then, they have lost millions of dollars of business, but are finally starting to stand back on their own feet. TG has always cared about one thing.... Profit! That is why they treat their employees, especially their managers, the way that they do. They are simply as good as their techs. Some are good and do a great job, but most are not properly trained and end up "Ghosting" sooner or later.

westwind
02-15-2005, 09:18 AM
TScapes hit the nail on the head, nothing but complaints over here. TGCL has given me several accounts due to poor service. :p :p

rodfather
02-15-2005, 09:33 AM
I just want to say a big thank you to TruGreen for doing poor quality work. Your poor quality work and products have given me an opportunity to take your ex-customers and give them a fair priced, quality service, and great product fertilization program.

I am living my dream....to make ex-customers of TruGreen have a green and weed free lawn. Thank you TruGreen!

Hey Troy, where's your signature line???

meathead1134
02-15-2005, 09:38 AM
I noticed last week that TGCL is now into snowplowing. (I passed 2 snow plows) I'm not making any judgements, but I hear of alot of complaints about these guys on their service. I wonder how they will do in snowplowing??

Stinger
02-15-2005, 09:43 AM
We maintained a local church for six years. No contract, pay per svc billed monthly. Liquid weed control and fert for the irrigated areas with mowing on a as needed basis. Tru Green comes in and does some major landscape upgrades. I call my contact on the church board asking why I wasn't considered for a bid on this work. Next thing I get a letter saying my services will be no longer needed in 30 days. After a second call to the board, they tell me Tru-Green will service them every month for what I charge per cut. Therefore if I can't beat their price then don't bother to bid! Go figure? Really good christian attitude huh?

wbw
02-15-2005, 10:21 AM
After a second call to the board, they tell me Tru-Green will service them every month for what I charge per cut. Therefore if I can't beat their price then don't bother to bid! Go figure? Really good christian attitude huh?

The church board has a responsibility to spend the congregations money wisely. Unless you have shown them the value and benefits of paying you 4 times the amount your competitor is charging, then yes iit is a good christian attitude. I am not saying you have been overcharging them, but they probably feel that you have. If you want to keep these types of accounts you will have to educate them and build more value for your services.

Eric 1
02-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah, were is the sig?

GrassBustersLawn
02-15-2005, 01:47 PM
STINGER

Give them a year, they'll probably be back!

Mike

tiedeman
02-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey Troy, where's your signature line???

right here:)