PDA

View Full Version : Pro slide


Rhett
07-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Can not for the life of me remember the web site for the manufacture of the pro slide. Love mine but the bottom plate lasted a whopping 37 days. Would like to get a new one. Free would be good. Dang did not even run it on hard surfaces

McCauley3
07-24-2004, 09:29 PM
http://www.novaecorp.com/

weedwoop
07-24-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm surprised it wore so quickly. I'v had mine for about 3 mo and I even ride it up and down the street. Now that i've said that it will fall apart next week.LOL. Someone aways back said they could get the material and make their own skid plate. Maybe they will come back and give us some info.

matthew horner
07-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Rhett
Can not for the life of me remember the web site for the manufacture of the pro slide.

I went there and there were no prices that I could view. Does anyone know what these cost,and would a 12.5hp metro pull it with a 220lb hunka burnin love behind it?

Matt

Firstclasslawn
07-25-2004, 12:49 AM
NO WAY a 12.5 hp would pull it, I weigh 200 even and my 14 hp command barely pulls me

op4_camper
07-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Put a sheet of titanium on the bottom so you get nice bright white sparks as you slid down the street :)

TJLC
07-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by weedwoop
I'm surprised it wore so quickly. I'v had mine for about 3 mo and I even ride it up and down the street. Now that i've said that it will fall apart next week.LOL. Someone aways back said they could get the material and make their own skid plate. Maybe they will come back and give us some info.

Me too. I've had mine for about 6 months and it's about half worn. I have heard the replacement plates run between $30-$40 to replace. You might want to try the guys on ebay who are selling the slides to see if they also have the replacement plates. Good luck.

TJLC
07-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by matthew horner
I went there and there were no prices that I could view. Does anyone know what these cost,and would a 12.5hp metro pull it with a 220lb hunka burnin love behind it?

Matt

I weigh about 160# and run my Proslide on an Exmark 48" TTHP, 17hp Kawi and it pulls me fine. I think you can still buy the slides off ebay for decent prices. As far as the 12.5 hp, IMHO, it does sound a little weak for your weight and a slide, no offense. I could be wrong. Others here in your situation might be able to help more. Good luck