PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd Seen It All...

HOOLIE
07-25-2004, 12:04 AM
Man, I thought I'd seen it all until yesterday. Was trimming down by the street, see this guy go by pulling a little 4 or 5 foot long trailer with...a bicycle. I mean, come on now. He's got his little ancient push mower, curved shaft trimmer, and a nice push broom to clean-up.

Now, is this how Lance Armstrong trains for those mountain stages? By pulling a trailer full of equipment?

If I ever see anyone pulling a trailer with a horse I'll let you all know...

John Gamba
07-25-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by HOOLIE
Man, I thought I'd seen it all until yesterday. Was trimming down by the street, see this guy go by pulling a little 4 or 5 foot long trailer with...a bicycle. I mean, come on now. He's got his little ancient push mower, curved shaft trimmer, and a nice push broom to clean-up.

Now, is this how Lance Armstrong trains for those mountain stages? By pulling a trailer full of equipment?

If I ever see anyone pulling a trailer with a horse I'll let you all know...

Thats Laurence Stone. Hes getting ready for the winter migration to Florida.

John

geogunn
07-25-2004, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by John Gamba
Thats Laurence Stone. Hes getting ready for the winter migration to Florida.

good one, john!

GEO :D

John Gamba
07-25-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by geogunn
good one, john!

GEO :D

Book Em Dano!!!!

PMLAWN
07-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Mid Seventies I use to lean a 21" back on the rear wheels and put the handle under the seat of my bike, tie it off and ride over a mile to cut a lawn. Rear wheels lasted the whole season too.

Oh- to have that profit margin back.

txlawnking
07-25-2004, 12:32 PM
PM, I did the same, those WERE the days......

EastTnLC
07-25-2004, 12:43 PM
My dad told me he used to do that when he was a kid. I couldnt believe it.

sildoc
07-25-2004, 03:14 PM
One of the largest LCO's in our area has about 30 lawns he does that way. Built a special little trailer that attaches to the mountain bike. He does this because of little parking and a major traffic congestion. He saved himself a whole day by doing this. Although he has nice commercial equiptment. He does admit when it is wet he has to bag and has a guy in a small pick up come around afterwards to pick up all the bags.

bob
07-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Theres a photo somewhere on this forum of a trailer being pulled by a bike. I think Eric might have posted it.

Itsgottobegreen
07-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Bob that was a 61" Wright sentar on a trailer being pulled by a harley. It looks like it was taken behind the wright MFG plant.

drsogr
07-25-2004, 09:47 PM
There is a guy around here that used a riding lawn mower and he is a specially made trailer that he pulls behind it. It has all kinds of advertising on it. He is probably too young to drive, but it works for him. I wish I could have done something like that when I was his age.

HOOLIE
07-25-2004, 11:35 PM
This guy that I saw, he was no kid, probably 30 years old or so. And the bike he was on was some old piece of crap one-speed. If I see him again I'll try to get a picture.

John Gamba
07-26-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by HOOLIE
This guy that I saw, he was no kid, probably 30 years old or so. And the bike he was on was some old piece of crap one-speed. If I see him again I'll try to get a picture.

If he is mumbling Lawnsite!! Its Laurance Stone. LOLOL