PDA

View Full Version : Oh!! I meant to call

lawnman_scott
07-25-2004, 12:20 AM
Ever get a call for an estimate and show up to do it and they say "Oh i meant to call you, we found someone already"? I hate that, what a waste of time dealing with idiots that cant even pick up the phone. Had one today.

mbricker
07-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Everytime you get one of those, be thankful you found out how inconsiderate they are BEFORE you actually started to work for them.

I've even been tempted a couple of times to send a Thank You card to tell the non-customer that very thing.

HOOLIE
07-25-2004, 12:30 AM
That happens a lot to me in the spring, when people call 5 or 6 LCOs for estimates. I've only ever had 2 or 3 people call back to cancel the estimate.

I'd still do the estimate, however. They might not like whoever they hired.

Tonyr
07-25-2004, 03:11 AM
People are just plain disrespectful and inconsiderate, and yet some people on here think I'm mean for not giving clients free extras, my biggest waste of money is time wasters, they suck the generosity bucket dry... a simple phone call, how hard is that?

dealing with people is definetly the hardest part of this business, not the heat and sweat. imo.

lawnman_scott
07-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Well I just got into my truck and told my employee that I cant stand rednecks that are too stupid to pick up a phone and call. And I said it load enough for the redneck to hear. I didnt want the lawn anyway, but it still wasted my time.

jokatico
07-25-2004, 09:41 AM
I just hate it when you give an estimate to someone and they say I'll let you know in a couple days. I feel like telling them to stop lying to me and tell me the truth " you are too cheap to pay and will keep looking for someone to do the work for almost nothing".

EastProLawn
07-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by mbricker
Everytime you get one of those, be thankful you found out how inconsiderate they are BEFORE you actually started to work for them.

Boy, did you nail that one right....

kris
07-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Might want to try calling before you go....works for me

POBOY
07-25-2004, 09:48 AM
lawnman_scott
I see you can spell redneck now let's see if you can you can use SPELL CHECK ?? You like to talk about people but it makes you look like an AZZ if you cant spell............

txlawnking
07-25-2004, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jokatico
I just hate it when you give an estimate to someone and they say I'll let you know in a couple days. I feel like telling them to stop lying to me and tell me the truth " you are too cheap to pay and will keep looking for someone to do the work for almost nothing". [/Quote

To the proverbial Nail's head..... I couldn't say it better myself, it seems a lot of folks just can't seem to be straight with you.. For the record.. All of the folks that have given me that line; Wnen I do a follow up call, Just say "I'm not interested", why couldn't they just tell me while I'm there, so I don't even waste a second callin' em back?:(

lawnman_scott
07-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by POBOY
lawnman_scott
I see you can spell redneck now let's see if you can you can use SPELL CHECK ?? You like to talk about people but it makes you look like an AZZ if you cant spell............ Why is that? Does the word redneck offend you? I see i spelled loud, "load". Sooooooo sorry, my mistake. But even a moron like you should be able to figure out that spell check wouldnt find that, because load is actually a word. Its the redneck thing isnt it? Does spell check find fixin, big ol, or ya'll? If i scroll down and click on spell check will i instantly be brilliant like you? sorry cant to it, i will even spell something RONG to prove it. I was thinking, whats his problem, so I looked at your profile to see who you are. Sooooooooo you like diving and MOTERCYCLES do you? What kind of motercycles? What is a motercycle? Anything like a motorcycle, thats right I said MOTORCYCLE, as in motOrcycle.

BMFD92
07-25-2004, 10:40 AM
happened to me. It was a big job too. Had to plant around 30 shrubs and lay out 15 yards of mulch. I go give the estimate and when I get to the house some other guy and his crew was doing it.

hartslawnmain
07-25-2004, 11:38 AM
You go Lawnman! I see a lot of people on here who can't spell or use correct grammar but that sure as hell doesn't make them inferior in their chosen profession. I happen to be very good at spelling but this duzn't meen I kan lay a purfekt stripe!

PMLAWN
07-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Sales is a part of this game. I do not get them all but I will not downgrade the customer because of it. It is not a waste of time if you represent your company as the best and still try to sell them good service. The guy they hired might not work out and than I can get in. If all I wanted to do was cut grass I would work for someone else. I run a business and sales is part of it.

Speed of getting them the proposal is very important. When people call it is best to get to them the same day. Two or 3 days later and yes they have gone with another. Represent your company well by being promt. After spending lots of time and money on advertizing the worst thing we can do is let leads get cold.

About the call back-- did you call all the dealers back the last time you bought a truck? When you shop for mowers do you call and tell the sales guy that I you were sorry that you wasted his time but you went somewhere else. Sales is a numbers game and you have to play the game. I also hate to get stood up but it is going to happen so accept it and try to make the best of it and move forward with a positive attitude.

Gene $immons
07-25-2004, 12:25 PM
poboy just got burned.

Precision
07-25-2004, 09:13 PM
PMLawn

You hit it right on the head. Sales is a numbers game. Period. Things like a nice truck, a good reputation, quality work all help. Some of them help alot, but if you only go on 2 estimates per month how much business can you add.

Go on 15 you have a shot, go on 30 and you will get business. period.