PDA

View Full Version : workers

Mlc gmc03
07-25-2004, 02:01 AM
i am having an extremly hard time find workers for both our mowing and landscaping crews, what have you guys found to work best

HOOLIE
07-25-2004, 02:08 AM
The guy I used to work for, he would get guys from the county Work Release program. Now, I'm not saying I would go that route, but those guys will do anything to get out of jail for the day. Only problem is, when they get out, they quit.

By my house there is a 7-11 where all these day laborers gather in the morning. If you got something like that you could probably pick up somebody, and if their any good, offer them a permanent job. It's worked for some people I know.

The traditional ads in the paper don't seem to produce much anymore, everybody's looking for a nice cushy indoor job.

lawnman_scott
07-25-2004, 09:24 AM
Day labor???????????? Good???? A guy who cant find a permenant job is all you will find there, and he will want cash at the end of the day. My best way was to find someone who had no experience. I did this because most lawnguys around here are losers to say the least.

EastProLawn
07-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by lawnman_scott
My best way was to find someone who had no experience. I agree but I like them without the experience so I can train them on my way of doing things and also so they don't come in with the "I know everthing there is to know" attitude...