PDA

View Full Version : My son's lawn care rig......

LawnScapers of Dayton
07-25-2004, 12:31 PM
My wife helped my son bring his own idea to reality.....

I see a toy trimmer coming in the near future.......

Rich's Lawn Care
07-25-2004, 01:13 PM
That's a sweet set up!!!!! How many lawns can he do in a day?:D

shiznitttt
07-25-2004, 01:43 PM
That is really awesome. I need to buy one of those for my twins. Or, make that 2.

Green Care
07-25-2004, 01:46 PM
Like the regular cab with the 1ft bed I see he has the peltor's wear is the saftey glasses.

Liberty Lawncare
07-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Thats great now he needs a tractor.

CamLand
07-25-2004, 05:10 PM
LOL!! thats awesome...

kppurn
07-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Be careful, he may hit you up for a long bed if the business grows.:D

EastTnLC
07-26-2004, 04:02 AM
"Didnt your momma tell you not to do lawn work in sandals" By the way, wheres the leaf blower? LOL

LawnScapers of Dayton
07-26-2004, 06:41 AM
The fact that he got them on the right feet is significant. He always wants to go with me when I leave to do the job....

He got to go plowing with me last year and you would have thought he had been crowned the king. It was awesome...

Derek

Up North
07-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Derek, awesome pic! I got a couple of pics like that with my soon to be 3 yr. old. He's got a battery powered Silverado with his wagon loaded up with 2-push mowers, blower, and weed whacker. Will get a pic posted when film gets developed. (no digital cam yet)

Good looking little guy there Derek, a few more years and he'll be doing the Z work and you'll be doing all the trimming.

Buck

fordsrule
07-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Hey not fare I wasnt spoiled like that when I was 3 :rolleyes: . But i did have an elcitric jeep and pickup:)

LawnScapers of Dayton
07-26-2004, 02:06 PM
We just got rid of his electric jeep.......he likes the truck better even though it is foot powered........

Derek

Expert Lawns
07-26-2004, 05:42 PM
just another scrub LCO.

i kid i kid, nice pic

fordsrule
07-26-2004, 06:24 PM
How long untill his truck gets a blizzard power plow? :D
jk

CJ GreenScapes
07-26-2004, 09:10 PM
That is great! Enjoy it while you can, because they grow up fast...

barringtonbrothers
07-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Oh great another kid to compeat with, and from the look of his equipment hes got me beat. LOL Thats really cute. When I was his age my great grandpa would pull me around in a trailer behind the cub cadet garden tractor while he mowed his 2 and 1/2 hilly acres, and I would just fall asleep. Once while mowing a hill the pin came out of the hitch and the trailer just tipped up and dropped me out while I was sleeping, my grandpa just kept driving till he heard me balling and just laughed and laughed.

GreenMonster
07-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by barringtonbrothers
When I was his age my great grandpa would pull me around in a trailer behind the cub cadet garden tractor while he mowed his 2 and 1/2 hilly acres, and I would just fall asleep. Once while mowing a hill the pin came out of the hitch and the trailer just tipped up and dropped me out while I was sleeping, my grandpa just kept driving till he heard me balling and just laughed and laughed.

That's funny, except today they'd throw grampy in jail if he did that -- or at least put him on the six o'clock news.

:rolleyes:

EastProLawn
07-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Cheap on gas and I bet he gets a sweet deal on insurance LOL
Nice to see the kid has big ideas already:D

Stark_Enterprises
08-14-2004, 09:38 PM
LOOKs LIKe a Dodge ............ THAT A BOY

Itsgottobegreen
08-15-2004, 11:58 AM
You need to go down the the local JD dealer. They have string trimmers, leaf blower and hedge trimmers for kids. While your at it get his one of the JD petal tractors with the loader on it. Then he will be a full service lawn care guy. Reminds me of myself. I still got the fisher price lawn mower from when I was a kid. That mower cut great.

Up North
08-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Itsgottobegreen
You need to go down the the local JD dealer. They have string trimmers, leaf blower and hedge trimmers for kids. While your at it get his one of the JD petal tractors with the loader on it. Then he will be a full service lawn care guy. Reminds me of myself. I still got the fisher price lawn mower from when I was a kid. That mower cut great.

My little guy has the JD blower and Fisher Price trimmer. No warranty issues yet...:D

Cod
08-17-2004, 04:19 AM
How much for the kid to drive out to my place and take care of the yard? :D

Awesome stuff guys. Good to see your sons are both filled with eager minds.

Rich's Lawn Care
08-18-2004, 03:57 PM
North, You need to get him a trimmer rack.:D

Up North
08-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Heck I just got a trimmer rack for myself finally!! But he asked me the other day if he could get some orange cones...:rolleyes: He is always thinking...

Buck

fordsrule
08-31-2004, 06:15 PM
Hey hes thinking safley:rolleyes: I know i always wanted the orange cones when i was younger. Never did get them though:(

Up North when do think hes going to ask for a plow?

Up North
08-31-2004, 08:29 PM
I'm thinking he'll ask as soon as I get mine on the Silverado...so I planned ahead a little. I have a 32 gallon plastic trash can I'm going to cut in half, just need to figure out a good way to mount it. Any ideas???

Buck

SCAG POWER
09-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Hay is that a Chevy truck that i see ?? Send him on down here to Apopka Florida we can use some good help no one down here wants to work. It is like they are all afraid of work.

That is one cute rig he has there.:cool: payup payup

fordsrule
09-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Im not sure how you would connect the trash barrlel to it.
when you find away i borrowed this idea from my grandfather when i had my electric jeep. put machine screws i think their called (the ones that need a realy smalll socket wrench) and put them in the tires. gives really good traction and doesn't wreck the pavement either.

when does he get an enclosed trailer

grassguy_
09-06-2004, 09:50 AM
great Pic! I know he's got to be getting better gas mileage than me, lol :)

M Raggs Yard Service
09-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Nice rig! Be careful with those open toe shoes! :waving:

rbeitz
09-12-2004, 07:56 AM
Great pictures. He'll be using the real thing before you know it.

My oldest son has a collection of push mowers (John Deere, Fisher price etc...) 4 or 5 of them and a JD weedeater. He has followed me around the yard with them since he could walk. Now that he is 7 he wants to use the real thing. I've let him ride on the proslide with me a couple of times but only for a few minutes. Got to wait a few more years! My youngest son (4) has no interest in yard work whatsoever. He rather be in the house all the time.

Itsgottobegreen
09-15-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm thinking he'll ask as soon as I get mine on the Silverado...so I planned ahead a little. I have a 32 gallon plastic trash can I'm going to cut in half, just need to figure out a good way to mount it. Any ideas???

Buck

I had a sit on toy tractor that my mother made a plow for. So when dad plowed the driveway with our JD 214. I could too with my little tractor. I got to find the pictures. They really are cute.

Rob's Lawn Care
10-31-2005, 04:55 PM
What a cool set-up for a cool little guy. great picture, made my day.:)

skurkp
10-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Now you can sit home and let him sub for you. LOL Great looking kid.

mcwlandscaping
10-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Ya, i never had any of those things when i was that young. I just remeber the day i figured out how to start the lawnmower on my own and my mom running outside. So i kind of went from nothing to mowing for real! I always hear from my parents now that they feel bad that they never got me those things!!lol, awsome pics though, sure picked me up a little after my day!!!lol