PDA

View Full Version : 123 unit patio home complex.....how may guys??

lawnchopper
07-25-2004, 05:09 PM
My company bid a 14 acre patio home ASSociation there are only 3 of us that mow it lots of obstacles and homes are close together there 123 homes total . We have 60" Super Surfer and 52" walker and one guy trimming of course all the blowing. IT takes us a day and a 1/4 to complete it and were beat after the 1st day especailly the guy trimming.
Would any of you would bid this with only 3 guys or would you wait til you were a bigger company with more guys and equipment?? How would you go about doing it??

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
07-25-2004, 06:29 PM
im sure that its just a matter of being more efficiant....if you have a property map i could try to give you some direction as to how to be more effectiant.....14 acres and 3 guys..you should be able to get it done in a day no sweat..

Precision
07-25-2004, 09:01 PM
I agree. We used to do a property with 13 acres and about 112 homes. With 5 guys it took 5 hours or so. So you should be able to in 8. You should also be rotating who is on the trimmer. 8 hours of trimming could kill a guy or at least slow him down, alot.

Maybe switch at lunch.

We used 2 mowers, 2 edgers and one trimmer, when the 2 on edging finished they finished trimming, the first trimmer grabbed a blower and the 2 mowers grabbed blowers when they finished.

lawnchopper
07-26-2004, 08:10 PM
any more responses

Norm Al
07-26-2004, 08:15 PM
asking a forum about a property that is impossible to give a fixed answer because not seeing it,,,,,,is well impossible!

i would take anything i thought i could make money doin! if you think you can handle it,,,,,go for it,,,,jump in! you will know next time!

mdb landscaping
07-26-2004, 08:17 PM
we do a 54 acre complex with 4 guys in a little under 6 hours, so with three guys depending on the complexity shouldnt take you all that long. i wont guess a time cause i dont konw what you are using for equipment or what the place looks like, but definately in less than a day.