PDA

View Full Version : does this sound shady???

General Grounds
07-25-2004, 07:22 PM
:blob3: well its sunday and the phone rings and i see who it is , i say to myself i should pick this up b/c its probably a good one.

well sure enough it was. well my son went to wash his car and the hose had a hole in it, it looks like it was moved from the lawn, to the side walk, but i think one of your mowers hit it on thursday. i said well it was moved by our guys so they wouldnt hit it and if they hit it with a 61" walk behind i think it would have more damage than a little hole, i have no problem letting my guys replace it b/c they know if they break something and dont report it they bought it, but id really like to see it because like i said there probably be a laerger hole than what he explained.

Then he starts with this is no cheapy hose its one of those 100' sears jobs, i say ok i need to see it. "what do think im lying, do what you want", and before i can explain any further he hangs up.

i quess people think we are stupid and will spit out $40 on a hose, i just dont get them. tony

Liberty Lawncare
07-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Yea if a mower hits a hose it is obvious.

Rick Jones
07-25-2004, 07:46 PM
It's always so convenient to blame the lawn guy for any damage that occurs anywhere outside the house. People are just too quick to blame somebody else anytime something goes wrong.

So how are you going to proceed? I would probably drop the guy myself.

barringtonbrothers
07-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Gee every hose I have ever hit is totaly destroyed. I mean its gone, not some piss ant little hole. Yeah its sounds shady, but I might see it if it was hit with a weed eater, in the same spot, for about 5 mins, on full blast.

Precision
07-25-2004, 08:35 PM
hang up on my and that pretty much means you fired yourself. Cause it certainly won't end there.

Sure sounds like he was on a fishing trip.

If it was a craftsman (sears Best) hose they have a lifetime warranty. or at least they did when I worked there so many years ago.

In theory you could pick up the hose return it for him then give him the new one without cost other than time and driving, or you could use the new one as a noose. your choice.

Eric 1
07-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Precision
or you could use the new one as a noose. your choice.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea it obvious if a mower hits a hose!

HOOLIE
07-25-2004, 11:26 PM
We used to have this customer that called at least twice a month with mower-induced "damages". Finally my boss realized that we were literally spending more money on fixing her s*** than she was paying us for mowing. So know she's ripping off some other LCO no doubt.