PDA

View Full Version : The blade dropped II??!!!

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
07-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Hey guys, I dont know if you remember or even looked at my 1st thread on this. Anyway, I had an old JD WB. The blade dropped 1/2". Turned out to be the spindle. As I hoped, I thought I could just replace the bearings, but the dealer said if the whole inside unit dropped, your gonna need a whole new spindle. So I just bought 2 because the bearings in the other one was in pieces. It was a bear getting them off, so I dont want to go through it again. I will post some pics

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
07-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Here is a pic of the old spindles. Notice how the one's shaft is lower then the other?

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
07-25-2004, 09:34 PM
I'll have to try that again

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
07-25-2004, 09:51 PM
The picture one more time.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
07-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Same Pic only bigger. Sorry guys this is the first time posting pictures so bare with me.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
07-25-2004, 10:09 PM
Another picture.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
07-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Here's a pic of the new spindle and the two old spindles.

Runner
07-26-2004, 11:45 AM
WAIT a minute! How old is your JD wb? I have one that is one of the old Bunton machines that they used (had two). My spindles have the same thing. With mine, all it was, was a snapring that would come loose, and allow the spindle to slide down. You could push up on the bottom, and there would be a little play in there. From rattling, this would eventually slide farther and even push the pulley up on the shaft. I just cleaned out the snapring groove by running a hacksaw around it, replaced the snapring, and it was just fine. Is this what yours was doing?