PDA

View Full Version : ongoing first commercial

chefdrp
07-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Here is the lawn after some fert and rain.

chefdrp
07-25-2004, 08:43 PM
from front. going to talk the owner into some landscape.

chefdrp
07-25-2004, 08:44 PM
after this pic i moved the cement thing to where it should be.

chefdrp
07-25-2004, 08:45 PM
shot from across the street. I had cones out while i was edgeing but people didnt even care i dont think.

chefdrp
07-25-2004, 08:46 PM
this shot was before the fert and some work

BCSteel
07-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Wow! Good job, its looking much better already.

txlawnking
07-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Keep it up Chef, it looks great!!

tx_angler
07-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Nice looking job!

chefdrp
07-25-2004, 09:21 PM
trying to talk the owner into some landscape. Might be hard to do.

qualitylandscaping
07-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Try to sell them on a tropical theme. Maybe a waterfall out front. It's alittle hard to get tropical for real, considering it gets below zero here for about 3 months a year. But sell them on something that will compliment what they already have going, and show them how bringing attention to the landscape when someone drives by, will then bring their eyes to the signs, and then possibly into the building. It all works together when done right, and the initial investment, will pay for itself.

Trevors Lawn Care
07-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by qualitylandscaping
Try to sell them on a tropical theme. Maybe a waterfall out front. It's alittle hard to get tropical for real, considering it gets below zero here for about 3 months a year. But sell them on something that will compliment what they already have going, and show them how bringing attention to the landscape when someone drives by, will then bring their eyes to the signs, and then possibly into the building. It all works together when done right, and the initial investment, will pay for itself.

thats some good sales techniques if i have heard em. You have to tell the customer it is an investment with unlimited return. Best way to sell anything. I always throw in the line about nice kept landscaping adds about $5000 to a houses value in these neck of the woods.

Trevor

SouthernFried
07-25-2004, 10:48 PM
See if you can trade out services.

Nothing worse than seeing a lawn guy with a lousy or uneven tan.

qualitylandscaping
07-26-2004, 08:27 AM
More sales pitches I use-

1. Mulched beds with plants help keep water from ponding around the foundation.

2. No grass on the building or windows

3. Trevor said it- depending on what you do, building value will increase anywhere from 5-15%

4. Creates more visual appeal and brings your eyes to beautiful landscaping instead of concrete blocks

5. Makes the outside of the building safer. If someone was going to break in and had to crawl around 4' tall barberry's, they might change their mind