PDA

View Full Version : Looking at buying a used SCAG

StudentPro
07-25-2004, 10:51 PM
There is a used scag 48" mower currently on ebay that is about 6-7 years old but looks like it is in great shape. The owner claims to only have used it in high school for 2 summers to mow 20 lawns and since then it has mostly been in storage.

Assuming that this is true, is there much that could go wrong with the mower from sitting 4-5 years? How much do you think it is worth?

Trevors Lawn Care
07-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by StudentPro
There is a used scag 48" mower currently on ebay that is about 6-7 years old but looks like it is in great shape. The owner claims to only have used it in high school for 2 summers to mow 20 lawns and since then it has mostly been in storage.

Assuming that this is true, is there much that could go wrong with the mower from sitting 4-5 years? How much do you think it is worth?

Ever here the phrase "dont always believe what you hear"

I would prolly keep that in mind. I sold my 33" which some guy in my church used only on his residential, when actually i bought it from a kid who did 25 lawns a week with it. People are not honest.

trevor

airtractrdrivr
07-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Trevors Lawn Care
Ever here the phrase "dont always believe what you hear"

I would prolly keep that in mind. I sold my 33" which some guy in my church used only on his residential, when actually i bought it from a kid who did 25 lawns a week with it. People are not honest.

trevor

Hmmm, including you, I guess. :rolleyes:

EastTnLC
07-25-2004, 11:57 PM
I saw the Scag your talking about. It is a good price but its belt drive. Im using a Scag 61" hydro WB and its a 1991. aaa...you know, Beggars cant be choosers. Its up to you. Good Luck

Green Care
07-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Only problems I had is with the trans I had to replace otherthan that no other problems I would stay under 900.

StudentPro
07-27-2004, 12:07 AM
yhanks everyone for the input