PDA

View Full Version : Estimate for spraying brush in a wooded area

smcguirt
07-26-2004, 12:55 AM
I have been asked to give an estimate on spraying an area at a local church that basically woods with tons of brush and undergrowth. They want everything gone that is not a tree. What is the best total kill all chemical for the job and what is the mixture ratio that works best from a backpack sprayer. Also the total lot that the church is on it approx. 5 acres and I am thinking half of that is the wooded area. How do you guys bid large jobs like that?

Thanks,
Shawn

B&B
07-26-2004, 07:43 AM
kill it for 1 year with Pramitol, 1 gal covers 10,000 sq. ft. you might have to roundup everything first, pramitol sterilizes the soil. I would charge $4.00 per 1000sq. ft.

Victor
07-26-2004, 08:31 AM
I'm no expert here, but I think pramitol would not only keep the brush from coming back, but it would also kill the trees. I've never used a sterilant, but have read that they translocate readily. Any desirable plants, or grass in the surrounding area would be at risk from runoff of that product.

I personally would use a good non-selective to kill the brush and a preemergent to keep regrowth under control.

Vic