PDA

View Full Version : Truck suggestions-Help appreciated

blair smock
07-26-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi Guys, I am a part-timer now looking to go full time in the Spring. I am solo and plan on staying that way. I am in need of a truck, and am looking for something That has enough guts but not overkill. Also I want to be able to seat 4 – on the occasion I need to drop the kids off somewhere. Only thing I will be hauling at any one time is- 6x10 trailer (roughly 850#’s) Exmark hp 52” roughly 1100#’s, rack with 2-Echo Weed eaters and 1 echo trimmer,echo pack pack blower, Honda 21” roughly 125#’s few cans of Gas etc. So a total of 2075#’s - I will be buying used on a budget- Not going to finance so I am looking for something that will pull it comfortably on a daily basis. Any thought’s Make or model Used only-6-7k if possible? Thanks guys.

blair smock
07-26-2004, 10:45 PM
1/4 ton or half? Do I need a towing package ?

blublazes
07-27-2004, 01:00 AM
I think that the towing package on most trucks usually just consists of a reciever hitch, with that weight I wouldnt worry too much about it as long as it has a good hitch, just make sure it can stop! I would think most any half ton truck would handle that load and definately wouldnt be overkill. a 3/4 ton maybe more than you want, but if u ever plan on getting a larger trailer and more equipment it would be a good idea. I have a ford f-250, so im pretty partial to the fords, but i really think they are all good trucks. thats just my .02.

Paul

VanceTrendov
07-27-2004, 04:14 PM
a 1/4 ton would be to small. Go half ton, but i would make sure to get a tailer hitch.