PDA

View Full Version : have you ever had an lco that...

TClawn
07-26-2004, 02:57 PM
makes your life so hard because of them not caring what kind of a job that they do?!

I just fineshed an irrigation job putting in some sprinklers for a guy that this #%^$*% landscaper had just put in. as I was digging the trench for the irrigation line I hit the MAIN line that is always on, at 2 INCHES!!:blob2: :angry:. I so mad, not because it was losing my time but the total disregard for quality and safety!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

WeatherMan
07-26-2004, 03:03 PM
OH WELL GLAD YOU GOT IT OUT NOW

Avery
07-26-2004, 03:17 PM
I don't understand...you are mad because you hit a line someone else installed? How is that their fault??

CRM Lawncare
07-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Avery I think he is angry because the line was way to shallow at two inches. I know nothing about irrigation but any idiot should know you need to put water lines in deeper than that to protect against this very thing, as well as the cold.

geogunn
07-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by CRM Lawncare
I know nothing about irrigation but any idiot should know you need to put water lines in deeper than that to protect against this very thing, as well as the cold.

yaaaa! I froze my assoff in HAWAII last time I was there!

GEO :eek:

Mikes Lawn Landscape
07-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Sorry bro but if you live in Hawaii you are not allowed to gripe or complain about anything ITS THE LAW :D

gvandora
07-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Ok, I don't think he needs to worry about pipes freezing in Hawaii, but 2 inches below grade is too even for a lateral. I'd say 6-12 inches for a 2" main line.

TClawn
07-26-2004, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Avery
I don't understand...you are mad because you hit a line someone else installed? How is that their fault?? [/QUOTE

hitting the line is my fault but I wuold not have hit it if the line had been buried to the proper depth.

he is cheating on the trenching ( I don't think he even trenched on this one and just layed topsoil over the pipes) this is the kind of shody workmanship that gives the landscaping people out here a bad name.

the reason I'm so mad is this is not the only instance when I've been called out to fix up something that should have been done right the first time. now, this might look like it would be good for me financialy and it is but its annoying to constantly have to go fix something that was not done right.

dvmcmrhp52
07-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by TClawn
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Avery
I don't understand...you are mad because you hit a line someone else installed? How is that their fault?? [/QUOTE

hitting the line is my fault but I wuold not have hit it if the line had been buried to the proper depth.

he is cheating on the trenching ( I don't think he even trenched on this one and just layed topsoil over the pipes) this is the kind of shody workmanship that gives the landscaping people out here a bad name.

the reason I'm so mad is this is not the only instance when I've been called out to fix up something that should have been done right the first time. now, this might look like it would be good for me financialy and it is but its annoying to constantly have to go fix something that was not done right.

Look at the positive side................If he hadn't screwed up you wouldn't have gotten the work.........................??