PDA

View Full Version : Applying Lessons Learned

GreenMonster
07-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I almost kicked myself in the a$$ again this weekend.

I did a small sod job a few weeks ago, and hand loaded old sod (removed with sod cutter) by hand. I figured < 1000 sf, no big deal. Didn't feel like picking up skid at another job and bringing it in for such a small area. Moron. You own the machine, use the dang thing and save your back (which is very bad anyhow). I felt that for a day or two afterwards.

So, I have ten 7' fraser firs to install this weekend. I know the guy, so I agree sight unseen to do the work at a specified price (yeah, I know, also dumb). Says it's really open, easy to get to, can drive right up the the area -- which was all true.

Well, two of us to do the work, do I really need the mini-ex? The two of us can hit each hole with the spades and knock em out quick, right? Wrong! Can you say ledge? No way it would've been done without a machine. Thank God I learned my lesson on the sod and not this one.

Geoffrey
07-26-2004, 06:50 PM
GreenMonster,
Good story, now tell us how many games the BoSox are back. I lke your pic though I wish I had one of that silly toss Kerry threw. LOL

BSDeality
07-26-2004, 06:55 PM
work smarter, not harder. it's all about the right tool for the job.

GreenMonster
07-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Geoffrey
GreenMonster,
Good story, now tell us how many games the BoSox are back. I lke your pic though I wish I had one of that silly toss Kerry threw. LOL

Too many games back to win the division. Oh well. Wait till next year!

Kerry. Just another goofy masshole liberal. Guys like Kerry and all his buddies come up to NH every weekend to get away, buy up lakefront property, and create HOA and stupid rules so it's just like living in Mass.:rolleyes:

GreenMonster
07-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by BSDeality
work smarter, not harder. it's all about the right tool for the job.

yup. I'm getting to old to work harder.