PDA

View Full Version : First landscape bid...Close?

Trevors Lawn Care
07-26-2004, 06:35 PM
My services are usually mow/blow/and go. That is all i wanted to be this year.

Well this week i have gotten three calls to do shrub trimming, and i have read how much everyone hates doing them, so i wasnt going to do them. Well i got a call to do a simple landscaping job which included doing hedges, so i bought the stihl hs80.

Wow, dont really know what that rant was about, but anyway, i wanna know where my prices fell for the small landscaping job.

INstall 2 yards of mulch (5 feet from pile, to bed)
weed a small bed (maybe 20-30 minutes)
Seed the lawn (2000 sq ft.)

Total price came to $425 which i feel was a pretty good price (my end). I have never done mulch installation so let me know how i did in bidding this job.

Also got a lawn contract out of it for $28 bucks.

Trevor

Trevors Lawn Care
07-26-2004, 06:37 PM
oh....I know what that rant was at the top of the page on the last post....

The job also includes trimming of a section of shrubs, 30 ft long,x 3 feet high x 3 feet deep. They were trimmed already this year, so i am assuming it will be an EASY job, but then again, i have never done them so i have NO CLUE!

Trevor

all degree
07-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Sounds about right.

$75/yard mulch 150
Weeding 40
Seeding with an overseeder $175

Which leaves $60 for the hedge.

Mulch would have cost me 50 total seed 45 (own seeder but rental is 100)

GarPA
07-27-2004, 08:01 AM
on the surface your bid seems reasonable....congrats on not going in at a low price like so many do when they are getting their toes wet in the landscape side of the business...I;m assuming there is no bed edging required and that the overseeding is just that..machine overseeding.(no soil prep or raking)

RedWingsDet
08-12-2004, 01:20 AM
i like trimming hedges, there is ALOT of money in it. i bought an echo hedge trimmer for $300 and 2 in a half hours later it was paid for!

but for that type of job i probably would have charged around $600. but that seems very reasonable and they will most likley call you back when something else needs to get done if they liked your services, which im sure they did :)

Meadowbrook
10-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Seems reasonable to me also. Not a whole lot of work for some decent pay, can't complain about that.

Here's one for ya's:
A couple of months ago I had this job, rake red mulch out of the beds on the front side of a house, and put in white river gravel. Mulch was maybe 3/4" thick, and took me less than an hour to get it all out and in the back of my truck (I was using my loader) I put down just over 3 tons of creekstone (very good estimating, I had the last 4 shovel fulls to do around a tree in the front yard) and put it all down in about 2 hours. So all in all, I was in-n-out in maybe 3 hrs and I got $310 for the whole job. Stone cost me $54. Not a bad job, and not a bad day's pay.

Chris

YardPro
11-12-2004, 08:32 PM
what do you price your loader at????
$310-54 $264

do you not charge a dilevry fee to load up and bring your loader?
264/4= $66.00/hr
loader and operator here is $100.00/hr

Meadowbrook
11-13-2004, 05:07 PM
The job was maybe 5 miles from my home. I have a Kubota L 2950 so it's nothing too extravagant to get around, so usually I try to bid my travel time into my pricing. If I have a job that's time and materials, or just time, I bill from the minute that I leave to get to the job until I get done. Any hauling charges are extra (which normally when people have a loader/ backhoe come in to do something, some form of material gets hauled away), so thats the way I do it. What are your thoughts?

Chris