PDA

View Full Version : Poulan Pro BP air filters??

gogetter
07-26-2004, 06:56 PM
This is to anyone that uses Poulan Pro BP400 backpack blowers.

I'm looking for a source for air filters. None of the mail order catalogs list Poulan Pro stuff.

But since it's a Kawi engine, and I know some other blowers use kawi engines, I'm wondering if there might be another blower out there that uses the same exact engine and air filter?

Any info is appreciated.

Jon
lawndawgz@yahoo.com

gogetter
07-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Update:

Ok, I knew that LandScaperSupply.com sells a blower that is very similar to the Poulan Pro. It uses the same Kawi engine.

And I found out that I CAN use that same air filter.

BUUUT, they want $10.99 for a single air filter!! That seems insane.

Other BP blower air filters are like $2-3.

Anyone have any other sources? Thanks.

chevyman1
07-27-2004, 02:42 PM
I had no idea Poulon made a commerical machine, those things are cheap

GreenMonster
07-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by chevyman1
I had no idea Poulon made a commerical machine, those things are cheap

Saw them this year at a demo at a fair...got to be honest, never used them or spoke to anyone who used them, but I hated the look of them and the low level they sat at. Seemed very cheap looking and their booth was getting the least traffic there

Originally posted by GreenMonster
No, Dixie's are just kinda boxey looking and not particularly eye catching. Neither is my grasshopper.

I was trying to bite my tongue a little, but I guess what I was really trying to say is that your post was worthless, meaningless, and provided little to no value. Especially when compared to the input supplied by Envy & mowhigh.

Sorry to Billpa, and others for littering this post. I should have just stayed out too.

Your usual helpful self again.:rolleyes:

Sorry gogetter, for some reason I'm compelled to reply to this string of irritating responses. I have no valuable information for you on this subject. Good Luck.

chevyman1
07-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Mark, time to relax....I meant that Poulan in the ol' Walmart are like $50, and I didn't know they made anything else. This forum is for learning, not yelling and making fun of people

GreenMonster
07-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Mark, time to relax....I meant that Poulan in the ol' Walmart are like $50, and I didn't know they made anything else. This forum is for learning, not yelling and making fun of people

Yeah, well it seems that the majority of your replies are typically worthless, and usually critical of whatever piece of equipment someone else is running or considering. Of course there are also the ones where you are looking for support of your questionable business practices.

Yes, this forum is great tool for learning. I've learned all I need to know about you.

chevyman1
07-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Mark, 90% of the equipment people have on here is awesome stuff. I'm very brand loyal, but not ignorant to think that my stuff is always the best. It works great for me, that's all. I hope you don't treat your customers like this. The only worthless posts are you and I bickering, let's talk business

GreenMonster
07-27-2004, 04:02 PM
but not ignorant to think that my stuff is always the best.

whatever.

I guess you just come across that way.

gogetter
07-27-2004, 05:58 PM
chevy, I wouldn't use any of the regular Poulan stuff myself. But I am surprisingly happy with my Poulan Pro backpacks (I have 2).

For the money, you really can't beat them. I repeat, "for the money".

No, I'm not going to compare them to a Redmax7001, but they are also only half the price.

These cost about the same as a quality commercial handheld blower, but are way more powerful then any handhelds.

Got mine on ebay, brand new for about $225 each, shipped to my door.

One is about 3 years old, the other is 2 y/o. And still running strong.

I also use a Poulan Pro chainsaw. So far, so good. But I don't do a lot of chainsaw stuff. So it's just fine for me.

P.S. Greenmonster, I hear where your coming from. Chevy has that effect on me too sometimes.

txlawnking
07-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Our church has a Poulan Pro BP. It's not a bad machine at all.. Hate to say it, but it has about as much power as my lame Stihl br420!!! And It probably cost 1/2 as much!!! BTW you can buy Kawi powered blowers.. at your neighborhood Lowe's. The Husky BP's are relabeled Kawi's... prolly should have saved myself @ $200... and lots of ripcord pullin'......

locutus
07-27-2004, 06:07 PM
How bad can it be with a Kawasaki engine?

gogetter
07-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by locutus
How bad can it be with a Kawasaki engine?

Exactly. It's not bad at all. Just that it has that word "Poulan" in the name.

As I'm sitting here typing, I remembered that John Deere's commercial bp blower is pretty much the same too, with the kawi engine.

Maybe I'll check the local JD dealers for prices on thier air filters if it's the same.