PDA

View Full Version : ebay mower ripoff

qualitylandscaping
07-26-2004, 09:16 PM
lol this is hilarious.. $10,000 for a 48" lesco hydro walkbehind with sulky.. Probably worth $5,000 tops..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50377&item=4314486099&rd=1

Turf Technologies
07-26-2004, 09:28 PM
What shame, you can buy that brand new for 1500$ less.

wriken
07-26-2004, 10:23 PM
I know there great mower's but not that good.

Stevo3176
07-26-2004, 10:26 PM
It was sold so he jacked the price read the description.

cantoo
07-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Steve, it's worth whatever some idiot is willing to pay for it. I sell stuff all the time, when advertising it I never start out at the price I want. I always price stuff high just incase somebody who is desperate might be looking to buy. If you need the money and are desperate to sell then you are in a bad spot and have to price low. You can always go down but it's very difficult to go up.

POBOY
07-27-2004, 12:01 AM
I saw this in the paper I was thinking about calling him he wants 2000.00. But being that I bought a 61"yazoo/kees I don't have the extra money now. I have read so good things about them I need a smaller mower for some of my accounts. One other guy wants 2800.00 for a brand new one he won in a contest. But still no money.....

fixer67
07-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by cantoo
Steve, it's worth whatever some idiot is willing to pay for it. I sell stuff all the time, when advertising it I never start out at the price I want. I always price stuff high just incase somebody who is desperate might be looking to buy. If you need the money and are desperate to sell then you are in a bad spot and have to price low. You can always go down but it's very difficult to go up.

I know that to be the truth. I go to the flea market all the time, almost every weekend. There are 3 goods ones within 20 miles of here. The pricing in the last year or so has gone crazy. People wanting and getting more for a used warn out item than you can go to Wal-mart and get it brand new in the box for. People see it at the flea market and thank it is a good price because it is at the flea market. A few months back this man had a Skill Saw new in the box for $50. I just happened to be in on of my moods and I went to him and said, "Home Depot has that on sell for $34.95." He looks at me and says" Be quit, where do you thank that one came from?" and then pulls back a sheet on the truck and there is a dozen or so new in the box.

I have some ocean front property on Mars if any one is interested and if you act now I will throw in the Brook-land Bridge at no extra cost.:alien:

cantoo
07-27-2004, 01:46 AM
Steve, and if the guy can't sell the saws he can always take them back to Walmart for a full refund. Talk about low overhead, now Walmart will be calling him a scrub. I was in Michigan today and saw some bicycles at Target that I know I could sell for more than the sticker price here on Ontario.