PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer Z Deck Height Adjustment

robertbick
07-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Can someone tell me how to adjust the deck height so the blade height matches the cutting height setting. On my Lazer Z, I set the deck height at the 2.5" setting and checked the blade height on a level concrete floor and they measure 3" from the floor.

It is a new mower. Maybe I should call the dealer? I'd just rather correct it myself if it is not too difficult.

Thanks.

John Gamba
07-27-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by robertbick
Can someone tell me how to adjust the deck height so the blade height matches the cutting height setting. On my Lazer Z, I set the deck height at the 2.5" setting and checked the blade height on a level concrete floor and they measure 3" from the floor.

It is a new mower. Maybe I should call the dealer? I'd just rather correct it myself if it is not too difficult.

Thanks.

Go cut some grass and mesure it. Then go from there. I think you will be ok.
John

Runner
07-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Mine cuts about a quarter inch lower than what it says. I take it into consideration ahead of time, and not worry about it. After I changed the chains, this is where it ended up. I lose some height for transport and cutting real high, but it still works fine.

Mark McC
07-27-2004, 04:58 PM
When I measure the cutting height on my exmark from a hard surface, it never matches what the owner's manual says it should, given the number of washers and the set of the deck on the wheels. On the other hand, I'm not worried about a quarter inch variance, either.

thegreenjeansman
07-27-2004, 06:23 PM
mine is the same way but i just consider how far my wheels are push down into the grass in my small opinion the weight pulls the mower down atleast a quater of an inch,, what kind of grass you cutting ? i can't get any lower than 2.75 or 3 with sant augistine grass, 2.5 would bald the lawn pretty bad down here.

HighGrass
07-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by John Gamba
Go cut some grass and mesure it. Then go from there. I think you will be ok.
John

Wow...that was a high tech answer.:eek:

65hoss
07-28-2004, 12:50 AM
It depends on the tire pressure settings you have or the dealer put in. Most eXmarks are very close with the correct tire pressure.

John Gamba
07-28-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by HighGrass
Wow...that was a high tech answer.:eek:

You can mesure all you want on concreat BUT!! you need to cut the grass to get as close as possible to what your mower is really cutting at. The blades suck up the grass something you cant figure in when you do it on concrete.
So go cut the grass, measure it bring it to the concrete, adjust it and go cut again and see. EASY!!!!!
John

robertbick
07-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks for all the answers guys. I appreciate your help.

Bob

sawman65
07-29-2004, 07:51 PM
got you owners manual????? try reading it

robertbick
07-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by sawman65
got you owners manual????? try reading it

Hey smartass! I have read the manual from cover to cover multiple times. No mention of adjusting the deck/blade height to match the setting, only how to level the deck. Why don't YOU read it and show me what page it is on if you are so smart.

o-so-n-so
07-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Go to the page that tells you how to level your mowing deck. Follow those procedures and when your done, you should be close to being right. If not, set the deck to 2' and place a wood block at exactly 2" thick under the blade tips and adjust to the blocks. Its really hard to explain but fairly simple to do.

barringtonbrothers
07-29-2004, 09:40 PM
I got a exmark wb this year and I found the same thing. 3.5 inches on my Z is about 4 inches on the exmark, but its marked 3.5. I measure the length of the grass blades cut and there right at 3.5 on my Z, but the exmark set for 3.5 listing is way off. So I just figured out were what was and went from there. Np. I will know in the future.

brucec32
08-03-2004, 01:55 AM
My lazer hp cuts 1/2" lower than the indicated height. I guess I could fix it, but it's easier just to add 1/2" to the cutting height lever. One of the pitfalls of them offering so many deck and frame combinations is that they might have some confusion whereever the mower is set up (factory or dealer?) as to what goes where.

Sooners
08-03-2004, 02:51 AM
None of my mowers match either. I just made a chart to include all of them so one could go behind another.