PDA

View Full Version : I'm not in the lawn business, but i need some info...

bravodelta
07-26-2004, 09:36 PM
I'm not in the lawn business but i just got a job working the garden area of Lowes, I know little to nothing about plants. While I am getting hands on training from people while I work, for the most part i'm just sweeping the floors.

Anyways I was wondering if ya'll know of any good sites that tell general information about lawn. What i mean to say is there a website out there that talks about tyles of plants and what they looks like, fertilizers and what all those numbers mean.

Also the pool equipment is in our department, any good pool sites that talk about how much bromine or chlorine to use in a pool per gallon, etc.

Anyways thanks for the help.

qualitylandscaping
07-26-2004, 09:43 PM
If someone asks you about anything... Tell them to read the labels.. I've been in Lowes and Home Depot in the past and some of the info the sales people will tell you would kill a lawn in no time..

Alot of you guys don't get much respect from us pro's, because you can't tell me what 10-10-10 means.. It's going to take a while to figure it out, but if and when you do, it will make life alot easier..

metomeya
07-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Okay pop quiz, lets see,

the first one is the uh nitrogen level? and i helps to green the grass.

Next I don't know exactly but its suppose to help the soil and the roots, and the same with the last one.

But really does anyone know any good websites to check out?

I feel like an idiot when someone ask me a question about something and i grab the item and look at the back of the label. Ya and everyone else at my jobs says to BS

dvmcmrhp52
07-28-2004, 10:22 PM
No,Don't BS people.
Monrovia.com has some plant ID info,Penn State university has a site....not sure of the web address,Same with conneticut university............

Go on to google and just type in what you want info on and you will get lots of sites to choose from...................