PDA

View Full Version : Peckr+biglawndog+DE Smith+gpriddy+chefdrp+DLCS+others?

Envy Lawn Service
07-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Any of you guys have pictures of your John Deere mulch kit?

Envy Lawn Service
07-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Bump.............................

QualityLawnCare4u
07-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Hey Envy, no I dont have a pic. My computer tore up last month and had to drag the old webtv back out till I get new pc. My mulching kit on the 717 works the best of any I have ever used. Dont have one for my 737, I did have a welder friend to make me a plate today to fit over the discharge chute though. On the 717 there are 2 shields (I think they are called baffles?) that bolt under the deck and a plate that goes over chute. It is NOT a 5 minute job to put on or remove though.

Danny

chefdrp
07-27-2004, 01:10 AM
I have no pic either. It has 2 baffles and a plate. also has about a million blts to hold it on. LOL

Envy Lawn Service
07-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Cool, thanks for the description!

Maybe one of the others will have some pics....

jpmako
07-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Here is a pic of the components from an old style Mulch Kit.
It is my understanding that they havent changed all that much!

The top part is the baffle with the discharge plate
Next are the deck skirts which prevent blowout
Mulching Blades and a Hardware kit

Hope this helps

Jason

Expert Lawns
07-27-2004, 12:22 PM
at first glance that top one looked like a friggin semi-automatic

DLCS
07-27-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by jpmako

Hope this helps

Jason

I don't have any pics of mine but the one jpmako pictured is not a 7iron mulch kit, looks to off a garden tractor?

jpmako
07-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Sorry DLCS
I don't have a 7 Iron deck so I don't know what that mulch kit looks like. this is the style that I have on my 48" WB.
Is the one from the 7 Iron deck a lot different?
How does it perform in wet grass?

Envy Lawn Service
07-27-2004, 06:37 PM
jpmako,

Ah... thanks anyways for the picture! It is a picture, and of a JD mulch kit, and an interestingly designed one as well. I bet those 'lips' are really trick for controlling blow out/blow away during leaf season....

DLCS
07-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Sorry DLCS
I don't have a 7 Iron deck so I don't know what that mulch kit looks like. this is the style that I have on my 48" WB.
Is the one from the 7 Iron deck a lot different?
How does it perform in wet grass?

Yeah, there is quite a bit difference in those mulch kits. Mine don't resemble yours at all but then mine is for a 60" 7 Iron. I don't use my mulch kit at all anymore seems wet grass just laughs at my mulch kit. lol I just couldn't get it to work well enough for me on mostr lawns.

QualityLawnCare4u
07-27-2004, 07:01 PM

Hope this helps

Jason

JP, that looks different from my 7 iron. I have a friend that has some high tech computer equipment, will see if he will post a pic for me.

Danny

QualityLawnCare4u
07-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by DLCS
Yeah, there is quite a bit difference in those mulch kits. Mine don't resemble yours at all but then mine is for a 60" 7 Iron. I don't use my mulch kit at all anymore seems wet grass just laughs at my mulch kit. lol I just couldn't get it to work well enough for me on mostr lawns. aa

DLCS, I mulched a yard this morning that was wet and my muclher did a perfect job. You could not have vacummed and made it look any better. Maybe the 60" deck is a little different, I was not going to put one on my 737 yet being Im using it with the accelerator and to disharge with at this time.

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

jpmako
07-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Like I said this is the kind that my John Deere 48" WB had.
I believe that it cost me like $225.00 when I bought it with the mower back in 1991. two days later it was sitting on a shelf in my shop. It does not work well at all.

I will soon have a 60" 7 Iron deck and was wondering if the mulch kit was worth purchasing? I think that I will run it stock for a while and then invest in some Meg Mo's. Any body have this setup on a Z-TRack? How do they perform on the 7 Iron Deck?

BTW I called my dealer today and he said that I have to wait until August 3rd for my Z-TRack. I was about ready to cry.

DLCS
07-27-2004, 08:14 PM

I will soon have a 60" 7 Iron deck and was wondering if the mulch kit was worth purchasing? I think that I will run it stock for a while and then invest in some Meg Mo's. Any body have this setup on a Z-TRack? How do they perform on the 7 Iron Deck?

BTW I called my dealer today and he said that I have to wait until August 3rd for my Z-TRack. I was about ready to cry.

Save your money, don't buy JD's mulch kit. I use the Meg Mos and they work far better than a JD mulch kit for chopping the clippings up.

DLCS
07-27-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by hardworking-poorman
aa

DLCS, I mulched a yard this morning that was wet and my muclher did a perfect job. You could not have vacummed and made it look any better. Maybe the 60" deck is a little different, I was not going to put one on my 737 yet being Im using it with the accelerator and to disharge with at this time.

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

You are mowing warm season grasses right? I think that is probably why it works good for you.

Envy Lawn Service
08-13-2004, 12:24 AM
Nobody ever delivered!