PDA

View Full Version : anyone using a country clipper charger?

Billpa
07-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Anyone using the country clipper charger ztr?

I was at the Toro dealer today and they gave me a brochure for them and suggested I take a look at them as well. So after reading it over, looking at their website and doing a search here these mowers are starting to look pretty good for the price.

They appear to be made well and have nice features, I think I'm liking the idea of the joystick control, leaves a free hand to use as you please:blush: seriously though sounds like a good idea, we'll see though when I demo it.

From what I found doing a search a couple people said the cut was good during a demo but I'd like to hear from someone who has been using one of these machines commercially.

i'll be looking at a 52" deck with either a 23 kawi or kohler

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Envy Lawn Service
07-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Demo'd the Joystick and Twin Stick "Zeton" units.

Best Joystick on the market hands down.

I liked the twin sticks better for hills.

Very nice machines.

The flip up deck is the coolest feature.

Articulating deck w/ nice adjustments is the next.

Big tires even on the 52" is the next.

Just saw the "Charger" units a few weeks ago at a new dealer. I'm still confused as to why these units are over $2,000 less than the Zetons at the other dealer???????

I will find out though.....

......oh if you get one, remember all ZTR's need a suspension seat which doesn't come stock on the Charger. Do yourself a favor and have one put on...

Billpa
07-27-2004, 12:28 AM
thanks for the reply

I'll have try them out on a hill and see if it's to my liking. I'm not sure about the differences between the zeton and the charger either but as I get more time I'll be gathering as much info as I can, nothing worse than getting something home and realizing you should have bought the other model.

So the cut was good? I can't remember if the site said whether or not they have the same deck.

I probably won't buy until spring so if ya find anything else out I'd be glad to hear about.

thanks again

mowhigh
07-27-2004, 03:58 AM
Picked up the 23/52 Kohler 2 months ago and love it. The flip-up deck makes clean-up almost enjoyable (at least I don't put it off as much as I used to). The Charger uses the smaller frame of the JAZee but with Zeton components. The pivoting front axle is great for curbs. Just started using the mulching kit and very pleased - no blowout and mow just as fast as before. I passed on the suspension seat and opted for 2 extra springs under the seat and 2psi lower pressure (but still thinking about the suspension seat!). The only drawback that I've found is the side trim. With the 24x12 tires, the 52" deck only gives you about 3/4" overhang on the left side (just about even on the right when mulching). I demoed the 60" deck and wanted something a little more maneuverable, but miss the extra overhang when mowing around shrubs and along fences. The articulating floating deck and 19,500 blade speed give a great cut. I've thrown together a PVC sleeve (1/2" I.D., 1" O.D.) to slip over the cutting height adjustment pin to allow for 1/4" increments. The joystick seemed weird the first couple of times, but I'll never go back!

Billpa
07-27-2004, 11:45 AM
so far i guess the only drawl back then is the side trim, honestly i haven't even been looking at that on the mowers, i guess it never crossed my mind... that's a bummer but all else seems to be in line on these machines and i have to wonder with a nice price tag and really not a bad comment on them yet why aren't more people running these? i guess they probably just don't have brand recognition yet or something like that. It'll be interesting to see if the price stays low in the coming years when more people start using them.

I'll be going back to the dealer today to pick up my 21" to bad it's been pouring down rain all night and mourning with no end in site,,, now I'm itching to take a ride on one of these new found toys.

As I said above it'll be a while until I purchase so if any thing comes up in the mean time I'll be all ears.

thanks a lot

chevyman1
07-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Saw them this year at a demo at a fair...got to be honest, never used them or spoke to anyone who used them, but I hated the look of them and the low level they sat at. Seemed very cheap looking and their booth was getting the least traffic there

GreenMonster
07-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by chevyman1
I hated the look of them and the low level they sat at.

There's a great reason to eliminate them from consideration. :confused: Grasshopper front mount is the butt-ugliest machine on the planet, but it's great for my needs.

Seemed very cheap looking

At first glance, I don't think anything out there "looks" as cheap as a Dixie. Doesn't make it a lousy machine. There is a lot more to a machine than cosmetic appearance.

Billpa
07-27-2004, 12:26 PM
C'mon you mean to tell me that big lightning bolt doesn't impress you,,lol..i think that would be coming off if I get one..

I'm not thrilled with the appearance, in fact I've walked by one at the Toro dealer many times without even giving it a second look until yesterday when they suggested I consider it. So far for the money it looks well worth it even though it seems to be a little lighter duty, I'm thinking if I go this route I can also pick up a exmark walkbehind rather than just one expensive ztr..

thanks for the input

chevyman1
07-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Stainless steel looks cheap? are you kidding? wow buddy. I just sat on the machine and it looked poor that's all I'm saying. I have no idea how it cut, but it had less of a motor, slower forward speed, no dealer support for 100's of miles, and appeared to be a pain to work on.

GreenMonster
07-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Stainless steel looks cheap? are you kidding? wow buddy. I just sat on the machine and it looked poor that's all I'm saying. I have no idea how it cut, but it had less of a motor, slower forward speed, no dealer support for 100's of miles, and appeared to be a pain to work on.

No, Dixie's are just kinda boxey looking and not particularly eye catching. Neither is my grasshopper.

I was trying to bite my tongue a little, but I guess what I was really trying to say is that your post was worthless, meaningless, and provided little to no value. Especially when compared to the input supplied by Envy & mowhigh.

Sorry to Billpa, and others for littering this post. I should have just stayed out too.

chevyman1
07-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Um, ok. No need to attack me or others, this board is about learning. Have a good day