PDA

View Full Version : floating deck question

2BladeRunners
07-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Finally bought a TTHP and it's great! Has anyone experimented with tilting the deck down in front or back vs being even? I noticed the LCO I bought it from had it set-up with the rear tilted one notch lower than the front. He said he thought it mulched better that way. Any comments or other experiences tilting the deck vs keeping it level?

mowhigh
07-27-2004, 04:07 AM
The blade rake angle is supposed to be 1/8 - 1/4" lower in the the front for optimum cut. I don't like to change mine between mulching and discharging, but try it (higher, level and lower) and see what works for you. Then let us know and I might give it a shot...

geogunn
07-27-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by 2BladeRunners
Has anyone experimented with tilting the deck down in front or back vs being even? I noticed the LCO I bought it from had it set-up with the rear tilted one notch lower than the front.

rear tilted lower than the front? I dunno about that one.

as for raking the front lower, your adjustments are in 1/2 inch increments which seems alot.

and besides, the way those deck float pins ride in the suspension frame there would seem to have to be alot of slop in them to mis-align them on purpose. JMO.

GEO