PDA

View Full Version : Parking lots, curb lines, total weed control?

LwnmwrMan22
07-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Is there a product that one could spray on cracks in parking lots, sidewalks, along curbs (parking lot side) etc., that would control weeds for a long period of time?

Right now spot spraying weeds as they pop up, but it's a pain of walking mid-sized malls and Wal-Mart parking lots looking for weeds popping up.

I'm looking for something that one could apply once every 4-6 weeks, sort of like Treflan for the planting areas, but on the parking lots so weeds aren't popping up each week after I've sprayed the week before.

kickin sum grass
07-27-2004, 02:31 PM
I have heard but have not tried yet, to mix round up with barricade for long control without the hassles of a steralizer. Someday I will try this mix but just have not yet.

TSM
07-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by kickin sum grass
I have heard but have not tried yet, to mix round up with barricade for long control without the hassles of a steralizer. Someday I will try this mix but just have not yet.

Yep, that'll give ya the control your looking for. We dont any longer but used to do this on gravel driveways, we'd treat the driveway 2 times per season and get very good season long control

Greenie
07-28-2004, 09:17 PM
I've used round-up mixed with Simazine 4L, it will kill what's growing and stop new growth for our entire growing season. It's not too expensive, either.

Tharrell
07-29-2004, 12:07 PM
Use Pramitol, it's a soil sterilent.

PicturePerfect
07-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Watch out with Pramitol. It is lethal to trees and shrubs if absorbed through the roots.

SWD
07-30-2004, 08:07 AM
Sahara is a brand name for a soil sterilent.
I get mine through Lesco, a 1 lb bottle costs me about $18-$20 and covers an acre. The only reason I don't use it more is I'm concious of possible contamination of my spray rig-imagine what a turf site would look like with a residue of sterilent and an app of 2,4-D? So, I triple clean the tank and pump strainerthen triple rinse the boom - a real pain.

ArizPestWeed
07-30-2004, 10:17 PM
+DIUIRON OR SMOETHING LIKE THAT .
iT'S A PRE AND A POST