PDA

View Full Version : Sales & Marketing

Rob Spread & Spray
07-27-2004, 03:45 PM
As we prepare for a fall sales campaign, I was curious to see how the rest of you market your company and how you go about reaching your annual sales goal.

How many of you actually set up a sales goal whether it be 1 or 2 times a year.

I am looking for something other than telemarketing and client referral.

Anyone doing anything new and unique?

DUSTYCEDAR
07-27-2004, 03:50 PM
i prefer the home invasion tactic i show up and tell the homeowner i am your new lawn care provider

seriously i am looking for better ways also and have yet to find them

James Cormier
07-27-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Rob Spread & Spray
As we prepare for a fall sales campaign, I was curious to see how the rest of you market your company and how you go about reaching your annual sales goal.

How many of you actually set up a sales goal whether it be 1 or 2 times a year.

I am looking for something other than telemarketing and client referral.

Anyone doing anything new and unique?

Rob, Im always selling...and thinking up wild ideas.

This winter and next spring I am doing some home shows, other than your typical booths I am trying to come up with some cool things....I may have one of those artificial golf greens as my booth and ill give everyone a put, if you get a hole in one your name gets in a drawing for free lawn care for the season.

I think I may do a separate booth for the mosquito control program.

2 years ago I rented retail space for my office, on a busy road and had my windows lettered. It use to be a pool supply store. I do get walk in traffic but I was surprised at how many new sales came from people saying " I drive by your office everyday and got your number that way"

I posted this one earlier in the year but I still want to do the
" grub bug " I would buy a Volkswagen beetle, white of course and Put my logo ( grub with line through it,) all over the bug and call it the grub bug, then hire someone to drive it around all day in busy areas of the state. then tie it into a radio advertising program.

One of my slogans is " got grubs " kinda like the " got milk" campaign that went on a few years ago. Ive done a lot of advertising in newspapers with that logo.

I alway do a direct mailing in late summer for core aerations and slice seeding

each year I sit down and budget for new sales, in customers and in total dollars, then I budget for upsales throughout out the season, I just use a simple spreadsheet to track my progress throughout out the season.

James Cormier
07-27-2004, 07:35 PM
here's my grub logo

TSM
07-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by James Cormier
Rob, Im always selling...and thinking up wild ideas.

This winter and next spring I am doing some home shows, other than your typical booths I am trying to come up with some cool things....I may have one of those artificial golf greens as my booth and ill give everyone a put, if you get a hole in one your name gets in a drawing for free lawn care for the season.

you know what really works...?? sex

no, really. I number of years ago, i was working for a larger company at the time and we were doing one of the large Boston shows. The folks across from us, they were home builders, had hired models. These young pretty girls were attacting ALL KINDS of traffic to that booth. ALl they were doing was walking in in front of their area handing out pamphlets. Both men and women were attracted by them.

LwnmwrMan22
07-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Man, I gotta get out of MN. These county fairs.... the models there... sheesh... :D

Green Dreams
07-28-2004, 10:37 AM
lol...mwr22...

I do shows annually for my charity. The girls sure do pull them in.

This is from my meeting last night. I'm the fat guy with the microphone....

http://www.2coolfishing.net/ttmbforum/showthread.php?p=27788#post27788

www.scatexas.org is our website for any of you anglers out there who wanna check it out....

Team Gopher
07-30-2004, 09:54 PM
I would buy a Volkswagen beetle, white of course and Put my logo ( grub with line through it,) all over the bug and call it the grub bug, then hire someone to drive it around all day in busy areas of the state.

That is a great idea. I would love to see pics of that in action!