View Full Version : Trailer Tips Needed

mountain man
06-02-2000, 08:36 PM
I have a new maintenance trailer that I am sending in next week to have all of the extras put on it. I purchased a Jungle Jim Trimmer / Blower rack that I am going to have a ladder rack installed to sit on top. It has a large cage on the front already. I also am going to have water jug rack, spare tire bracket, shelf for herbicide tanks, etc. I also am going to have a secured toolbox welded on and a fire extinguisher and First Aid with MSDS notebook unsecured. All of the weedeaters, blowers, etc will be on the passenger side so the drivers side of the trailer will remain open for convience when loading/unloading mowers (this trailer will only carry walk behinds). The gate will probably need to be lengthened because I have noticed the wbs drag when unloading. What are some additional things that you have found on your trailer that improve efficiency, increase safety, etc? My goal is to work smarter and keep the truck bed open for materials and yard waste and keep the trailer floor open for mowers. <p>Thanks,<p>MM

06-02-2000, 08:45 PM
It depends on which side of the property you park on. The safe way is on passenger side, work wise is on driver side.

mountain man
06-02-2000, 08:51 PM
Safety is the number one priority so all the racks and equipment will be on the passenger side. Thanks

06-02-2000, 08:58 PM
have a 30 gallon DOT approved gas installed that way only once or twice a week fillups are needed.<p>----------<br>paul<br>

mountain man
06-02-2000, 09:09 PM
Any ideas where a gas can should go since tongue weight is an issue and we don't want to waste floor space? Currently their is a basket on the tongue that holds a five gallon can and two 1 gallon mix cans. I keep extra full cans at the shop so the guys leave each morning with a full 5 gallon can.<p>Thanks, MM.<br>

06-03-2000, 12:46 PM
Check OSHA and your states DOT standards before spending a bundle on a fuel container that large. They have quite a bit of rules against that if I recall correctly. You might have to have a hazmat license, etc. <p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

06-03-2000, 02:48 PM
If the container is over 7.5 gal, the vehicle is required to be placarded, and the driver of the vehicle must posess a valid CDL and medical card.<p>Bill

06-03-2000, 08:21 PM
Ok guys Hasmat needed (by federal law) on any hasardous material over 100 gallons. <br>but tank must be DOT approved.<p>----------<br>paul<br>