PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a clean up job

kc2006
07-29-2004, 02:42 AM
I'm going to be doing a clean up job for a friend soon, I already have the job just have to figure out a price on it.

I was wondering what you all charge hourly for a clean up type job? All it consists of is removing a lot of branches and logs from some trees he had cut down. It would take about 25 truck and trailer loads but the good thing is, A his house is about 2 mins away from my garage and B where i dump is about 2 mins from his place. I've always charged 55 per hour for 2 guys for cleanup's and mulching jobs. But this will take a good 15-20 hours to do with 2 guys, between cutting some of the larger pieces into smaller ones that will fit in the truck and since i'm limited to 1 truck and trailer. Would you guys charge alittle less or charge the normal rate for this? He was going to just get a tree company to come with a chipper and do it that way but I talked him into having me do it. Thanks all just wanted to see what others would do in the situation.

Matts Mowing
07-29-2004, 03:16 AM
I charge $45.00 per man hour and extra charge for hauling/truck use per trip. These rates obviously willl vary depending on location.

jbell113
07-29-2004, 03:29 AM
Friends always want a discount so why dont you figure a price and then ask him what he thinks it is worth and if his figure is higher go with that if his figure is lower than you have to negotiate. I dont like doing work for friends JMO

dlandscaping
07-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Tell him to get a quote from a tree company and then do it for that. You wont be making as much but since he is your friend he will see that you arent ripping him off.

kc2006
07-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Well I checked it out today. Theres alot of debris left over. My friend said it would be fine to chop up all the branches and shoot them into this small patch of brush towards the back of his property. So I'm going to rent a chipper and do it that way.

He said he got a price from someone and they wanted $2000 to chip it all into the same spot and he thought this was too much. So I told him 45 an hour for 2 guys to just chip it and I would tack on the chipper cost and if they wanted me to cut any wood into logs that would just add time. I'm figuring it will be about a 20 hour job if not longer. If i had to haul it all away I would charge the normal 55 an hour plus dumping fee's.

Also when i say friend I ment I know him, don't like him though :D

kc2006
07-31-2004, 03:31 PM
Well i dont know if he just wanted to scare me into giving him a cheaper price but he said he got 2 guys to do it for 1000 and they would rent a chipper (270 for 2 days). I just laughed and told him to call me when they leave his yard a mess and I'll come and finish the job the way it should be :D He didn't like that too much.

Thanks for the help though guys.

o-so-n-so
07-31-2004, 11:05 PM
What a friend.......:confused: