PDA

View Full Version : Dodge 2500

Birddog Lawncare
07-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Looking for some opinions on the Dodge 2500's. Looking at a 1999 4 x 4 ext. cab (360 V8) with 60,000 miles for $15,000. I have a 2001 Chevy 1500 V6 two wheel drive and wanting to get rid of it before winter gets here. I've always owned Chevys in the past but I think I'm starting to like the Dodges.

NNJLandman
07-29-2004, 05:22 PM
If your gonna get a 2500 I suggest you go diesel, in the longrun you'll be happy, your gonna pay a bit more but you'll love the extra power. The good thing about the 90-01 model dodges is the the turning radius, you'll be able to make a sharper turn then any other truck on the market as far as I know. Also before you buy that truck I would check to see when the last time the tranny was serviced, this model Dodge also is known for tranny problems, the price seem to be right on the money, you might be able to nit pick and get it down a bit.

Jeff

Acute Cut
07-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Just another thing to look at as well here. Go with diesel for sure but also pay attention to the gears. I just sold my 98 because of this and some other minor things. When towing or hauling ANY load you have to turn the O/D Off. When it is off you dont want the tach any higher than about 2500 or so. That being the case, in my 98 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 i was only able to do about 52mph. Egats. Our main vein of travel around here is freeway 60-70. Drove me nuts.

Great trucks though. The only used dodges you can find these days are the gas ones. There is a reason for that. Wanna know if the truck you are looking at is good? Look through a used car mag or online at one and look for the model you are going for. If you see alot just be aware there might be a reason. In my area it is hard to find used dodge diesels. I think i saw 2 last time i looked.