PDA

View Full Version : Nutsedge Control

advantagelawn
07-30-2004, 01:23 AM
I was wondering if there is a broadleaf herbicide available in large quantities like Momentum or 3way Esther II that also controls Nutsedge? I have been tank mixing Manage with Momentum to take out the Nutsedge and it is a real pain to have to break out the little measuring spoon and measuring cup and mix it up when I get to a yard that has it. Just wondering if there is an easier solution.

scweedman
07-30-2004, 07:31 AM
I was thinking the same thing today after my forth tank!

Avery
07-30-2004, 07:32 AM
None that I have head of. Manage is the only thing I get good results with.

SWD
07-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Nope, due to the pathology of this noxious plant. As a sedge, it grows differently that a monocot/dicot weed or a legume.

ArizPestWeed
07-31-2004, 12:24 AM
`WHAT'S A LEGUME ?

greenerpastures
08-03-2004, 10:35 PM
Try mixing your halosulfuron in a 2.5 gal jug. I mix one 2.67 ounce packet to the jug, then write on the jug the concentration. In my case that would be 1 gal/acre of the diluted mixture. Use the mixture within a week to be safe.-------and yes I know this violates same epa container issues, but in the end you will be more accurate with your calibration and fillups will go faster.

SWD - As far as the above on sedges, legumes, monocots,etc.-----I think you are talking taxonomy---not pathology. I believe sedges are all classed as angiosprerms, they are subclassed as monocots, belong to the cyperus genre, and their tubers are edible (if you are really hungry). ---and yes it is a nasty noxious weed.

legume - a member of the bean family. These plants have the ability to fixate nitrogen from the atmosphere. soybeans , peas, etc.

kickin sum grass
08-04-2004, 12:53 PM
tape a label to that jug and you will be legal.