PDA

View Full Version : Water Meter In Driveway Slab!

pilotcoplawnboy
07-31-2004, 01:41 AM
What would any of you do if your water supply line was put in the middle of your driveway? What I did was run my irrigation of a 1/2 inch line that is connected to my sink in my garage. Of course I had to go from a 1/2 inch up to a 1 inch to get the water supply line the size it needed to be. The irrigation seems to run fine but I think I may have to just have my city put me in another water meter just for my irrigation system. Do any of you think that since I am running a 1 inch supply line off a 1/2 inch water line that I am probably not getting the water pressure I may need? I am definately no plumber.

MastercutzLawnCareII
07-31-2004, 02:42 AM
Well well well, something I finally know a little about, as this is my full time job, you know honestly I do not think you would notice any change in water pressure at all, once you get the 1" line full it doesnt matter, you may get quite a bit more volume from adding a new meter, which I think more volume is what ya need anyways. Also if you have city sewer you are having to pay for sewer usage off of all the water thats going through the irrigation system, they take a certain ratio of your monthly water bill and then charge for sewage off of that...., hope this helps ya

pilotcoplawnboy
07-31-2004, 08:21 AM
It helps alot, thanks!

Mdirrigation
07-31-2004, 12:31 PM
You will get the same pressure , but the gallons per minute are reduced greatly. Look for a 3/4 line near where the water main comes into the house , right by the main shut off valve for the house . Thats where we make the taps

MOlawnman
08-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Water pressure will be the same whether you are using a 1/2" line or a 12" line. GPM is main concern.

aquamtic
08-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Its possible you might get better pressure also IF you have some type of regulator between the pipe you are running now. SO do consider this also.

Some towns in RI require a 45 to 50 psi regulator on runs after the meter. We connect between this to get full pressure and regulate it separately if its to high