PDA

View Full Version : 7.3 Power Stroke Owners. I have a ???

Gilla Gorilla
07-31-2004, 08:33 AM
Is anybody out there with the 7.3 ps running this Diablo Sports Predator power tuner?

If so how do you like it for towing and then daily driving without a trailer.

I have a friend back at the dealership that has one in his 6.0 ps with a new air filter and he says it kick azz.

I can get it for $320.00 through another friend at the dealership that I used to work for, it usually retails for $450.00 from what he says.

Here is the link and thanks for any feedback.\

http://www.diablosport.com/U7170.php

MP350
08-01-2004, 03:17 PM
I have a custom flip chip for my PSD the first thing you need to get before you buy a chip or tuner is gauges. With out a pyro gauge if you install a chip you could burn up your turbo. But my chip does make my truck scoot. And you might what to install a tymar intake and a downpipe first to help that thing sing.

Tevi
08-01-2004, 08:17 PM
You need guages /intake and exhuast.The next upgrade you'll need is ball bearing turbo.Check out www.thedieselstop.com

Gilla Gorilla
08-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Yeah I have been on thedieselstop site alot yesterday and today and am going to look into a good set of gauges.

Which gauges are you recommending that I get?

Do you think that I should hold off on installing the programming tuner even if I just run it on the tow mode which is the lowest program until I get the set of gauges???

And are you talking about the pod of three gauges on the drivers a pillar or just one gauge for the turbo?

Thanks for the advise.

MP350
08-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Read more at dieselstop, running up hills can get your exhaust hot very fast, your best bet is to get the air intake, downpipe, & lose the kitty. Then go for the gauges and then the tuner or chip. My gauges will be installed in the next week or so , have been using the tow mode with no problems yet, but we don't have to many hills in central Fl. My next up grade will be injectors & clutch, which have to be done at the same time, cost about $ 2000 bucks.

Gilla Gorilla
08-02-2004, 08:22 AM
MP, what programmer are you running now in your truck to have the tow mode? Is it the Diablo Predator?

MP350
08-02-2004, 04:17 PM
I have a custom chip burned by (Bill), If you go to dieselstop and look up Dale he also sells the Tymar intake system, he can get you one of (Bill's) chip. I have a flip chip tow/haul, with the flip of the switch I can change between the 2 settings, but I believe that the most you can get with any chip/tuner is about 50 hp, the injectors limit how much hp you can get.

twwlawn
08-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Had a cool air intake system, 3" down pipe, 4" exhaust system and a superchip installed. Performance is great, get up and go like a rocket. My maintenance shop put all that on. The superchip has three different modes, performance, performance tow and safe tow. I keep it in safe tow pulling a dump trailer loaded on the average of 6 tons.

txlawnking
08-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by MP350
Read more at dieselstop, running up hills can get your exhaust hot very fast, your best bet is to get the air intake, downpipe, & lose the kitty. Then go for the gauges and then the tuner or chip. My gauges will be installed in the next week or so , have been using the tow mode with no problems yet, but we don't have to many hills in central Fl. My next up grade will be injectors & clutch, which have to be done at the same time, cost about $ 2000 bucks.

Have fun installing that down pipe, they are a pain, but should be # ! on your goodie list. You definatelly will need to free up the air flow before adding additional fuel!! Chip+stock everything else= ruined engine &/or turbo!!:blob2: But all of the goodies are worth it the first time you wood it at 30 and get wheel....:D

I used to burn the chips in case your wondering.. Get the gauges and avoid meltdown.

Gilla Gorilla
08-03-2004, 02:02 PM
That is the great part about me having worked at a Ford dealer
for over ten years up until this March. I will have NO problem getting that down pipe installed up there or any other mods that I dont feel like getting myself into at the house.

There is two great diesel techs at that dealership that I used to work with for a long time.

Ya gotta love that bartering work!!!