PDA

View Full Version : Look What Someone Sent Me

Green Dreams
07-31-2004, 11:39 AM
I got this link in my mail today....

http://www.girardgibbs.com/chemlawn.html

Tscape
07-31-2004, 12:31 PM
It's about damn time! They have been using this as a tactic to keep customers for years. You wouldn't think that it would work, but I have signed people up only to have them say, "well Trugreen has already been out, so I'll go with you next year."

2 man crew
07-31-2004, 02:36 PM
Who sent that? And why were you on the list?

Green Dreams
07-31-2004, 03:40 PM
Someone who is also in the business sent it to me. Thought I'd think it was interesting...no opinions, just interesting.

DUSTYCEDAR
07-31-2004, 04:32 PM
oh they went and done it now

2 man crew
07-31-2004, 04:44 PM
It would be interesting if anything comes of this. I would like to know how this law firm is getting the email list.

Green Dreams
07-31-2004, 10:26 PM
my buddy found it. It was a google ad when he entered chemlawn he says.

Bryn
08-01-2004, 02:37 AM
It seems that this law firm is into class action law suites. Makes me think of the new mutual funds you can buy, where the return depends on the class action law suite payout. Yes, you can now invest your retirement in class action lawsuit funds. Maybe this would be classed as a growth fund? :-)

Bryn

2 man crew
08-01-2004, 11:19 AM
After I saw your post I did a google search for "chem lawn law suit" it came right up. Then I did a search just for TGCL and it was still at the top of the search. I hate lawyers but I can tolerate this one since its against the enemy. But it could also hurt us (our industry) with the negative publicity.

Bryn, Sad but true. probably not a bad investment. There are some web co's that specialize in litigation news and early court verdicts. Great for the do it your selfers. I still hate lawyers!

Runner
08-01-2004, 02:56 PM
There are whole websites that are devoted to customer complaints and stories about TG. I was on one, one time, and read several stories of people who have experienced this. I sort of equate it "slamming" that the long distance phone companies do.
One conclusion that I arrived to, was that they (TG) seem to prey on old people. This is the market that is the easiest to take advantage of. "Mrs. McCranny" gets a bill that is this official looking document, with her name, her address, and telephone number on it, so she thinks she better pay this $55. It happens all the time.

coyoteman
08-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Perhaps they should do the same thing with the weed man.

2 man crew
08-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by coyoteman
Perhaps they should do the same thing with the weed man.

Who is they? And why?

Green Dreams
08-02-2004, 06:26 PM
weed man is a franchise co., in Canada. My old boss swore there was such a company and showed me some lit from them to prove it....

TSM
08-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Weed Man is actually very large. I know they are up at the top of the list for revenues...maybe 4th or 5th...not sure, we dont have any here in MA yet, that I know of. They advertise in all the trade mags.

http://www.weedmanusa.com/home.aspx

that trugreen/chemlawn law suite thing is pretty old now, i saw that, geez, 2 years ago? I'm not sure but some time ago.

coyoteman
08-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Never heard of them? You soon will. They are constantly fertilizing and spraying our lawns even when our signs are present on the lawn. They hire telemarketers and if you even sound like your interested be sure they will show up and do your lawn.

DFW Area Landscaper
08-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Chemlawn will be going away soon enough. Just sit back, relax and watch them lose market share. Without telemarketing, they're done.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

Green Dreams
08-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Thats bold talk there DFW...I wish it were true. I had breakfast with some of these Texas bigwigs earlier this year. They admitted the no call rule has hurt them. I asked what has been working for them nowadays. Its funny they said the EXACT SAME THING I had been telling my boss he should do. Now my old boss is sitting at home and TGCL is ruining his customers...lol

2 man crew
08-04-2004, 11:11 AM
I've heard of them. Just didn't know why "they" the lawyers should be involved with a suit against Weed Man.

By the way I saw a Weed Man invoice in a paper box the other day. It was a pre-paid invoice with Dept. of Ag info pre-printed but the applicator only filled in 2 areas and skipped the rest. Also the invoice price was $28.00 then said Pre-paid. The lawn was around 5k.

2 man crew
08-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Green Dreams
Thats bold talk there DFW...I wish it were true. I had breakfast with some of these Texas bigwigs earlier this year. They admitted the no call rule has hurt them. I asked what has been working for them nowadays. Its funny they said the EXACT SAME THING I had been telling my boss he should do. Now my old boss is sitting at home and TGCL is ruining his customers...lol

That is bold! So what did you tell your boss he should do?

Green Dreams
08-04-2004, 09:29 PM
I told him I thought some localized TV advertising along with direct mail would improve his responses...