PDA

View Full Version : Tired of people flashing me!

kppurn
08-01-2004, 12:17 AM
I don't know if it's because my truck sits up higher or if the lights are just bright. I can't drive anywhere at night without people flashing me left and right. Also, whenever I pull up behind someone at a light they always adjust there rear view mirror. I can understand that though, because my lights are probably level with their mirror. Someone even flipped me off once when I was sitting behind them at a light.
Do any of you guys with larger trucks experience this? Do my lights need to be adjusted somehow?:confused:
My truck is a Silverado 2500 HD

Avery
08-01-2004, 01:03 AM
I get that all the time with mine. So I replaced the OEM bulbs with some xenon bulbs. If they want to flash I will give them something to flash about! :)

GLS
08-01-2004, 01:10 AM
I might adjust them down a little bit. Did you have a lift on the truck or did you crank the torsion bars to lift the front end a little? I have a 2500hd as well and havn't been flashed yet.

There are screws on the top of the headlamp assembly that you will need a torx screwdriver/socket to turn. Search one of the gm-trucks forums for more detailed info.

mdb landscaping
08-01-2004, 01:40 PM
i know what its like from both sides. on my 2500HD i was always shining right into the mirrors on cars i pulled up behind. its tough not to. now when i cruise around in my saleen and a truck pulls up behind me, the lights blind me. not much you can do. just a big height difference.

Premo Services
08-01-2004, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kppurn
[B]I don't know if it's because my truck sits up higher or if the lights are just bright. I can't drive anywhere at night without people flashing me left and right. Also, whenever I pull up behind someone at a light they always adjust there rear view mirror. I can understand that though, because my lights are probably level with their mirror. Someone even flipped me off once when I was sitting behind them at a light.
Do any of you guys with larger trucks experience this? Do my lights need to be adjusted somehow?:confused:
My truck is a Silverado 2500 HD [

mtdman
08-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Yep, I get that with my F150! And when I had my Ranger, I got it then too. People are just wussies about lights at night, that's all.

:D