PDA

View Full Version : Your Company Sticker on Timer?

JimLewis
08-03-2004, 03:45 AM
I bought a used Rainbird ESP Controller off of eBay last winter. When I received it in the mail, it had a custom made sticker attached to the outside of the front door to the controller. It was made of silver foil and read something like;

System Installed on _______
by L&L Irrigation Systems, Inc.
(555) 555-1212

I thought that was a pretty clever idea. Around here, people are always moving. And I am sure the person we installed the irrigation system probably didn't mention when they were selling the house, "Oh, by the way. Lewis Landscape Services installed the irrigation system back in 1999. They're great. Here's their card in case you ever have any problems with the system."

So I was thinking of making my own custom sticker like that to put on each timer with every new irrigation system. Then, if the house ever gets sold, the new owners would instantly think of our company if it ever needed to be serviced.

Any of you guys do this? Do you think it's a good idea? If you do, and decide you want to use it, you gotta pay me $100.00 for clueing you into the idea.
:D

aquamtic
08-03-2004, 04:25 AM
Oold idea! Everyone in our areas marks up the controller with a business label

greenworldh20
08-03-2004, 09:52 AM
its marketing 101, folks.

also a great way for the client to remember ya...

service is king...

brian:blob2:

Grassmechanic
08-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Common practice in this area. I first saw it in the mid 80's.

Rotor-Man
08-03-2004, 01:37 PM
I put my company label on the controller right after it's hung in the garage! Agree, with people constantly moving it a great way to keep the property for repairs and winterizing down the road. Also great advertising when the neighbor comes over to see who installed the system!

MudslinginFX4
08-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Most everyone does it around here. Air conditioning people, irrigation, pool, lighting, etc..

jerryrwm
08-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Those stickers are a good idea. But get them big enough to cover up the competitions sticker when you go do a service call.

Also, I write the installation date on the inside of the wiring access cover or behind the panel. That way there is no questioning when it was done. This is good for warranty claims.

Jerry R

JimLewis
08-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Ok. Great. So since all of you seem to be already doing this, where do you get some nice labels like this made?

I don't want to just use cheesy plain white Avery Labels. I'd like to get something nice.

jerryrwm
08-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Jim,

You can order them custom from Office Max, etc. Kinkos has them, or even NEBS has them. $50.00 or less for 1000 lables.

Not real expensive.

Or check with the folks where you get your business cards printed.

J