PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a dumb question?

jeffchis
08-03-2004, 09:39 AM
I am not in the business, but asking more for my wife! We are looking to have a system put in, but would it be a good idea to put it in right now as fall is approaching? She doesn't think the bermuda will grow back over the ruts in the yard before the grass goes dormant. We live in Atlanta, GA and we are looking to have this done in the next couple of weeks. Is this a good idea? The grass is only 3 months old but is pretty established already. Any thoughts on this would be great so I can convince her that the grass will grow over the ruts before winter comes and we will not have the ruts showing through the winter and disease being able to set in.

Thanks

JeffY
08-03-2004, 12:41 PM
I would go ahead and put the system in. In fact, the optimal time to seed grass or lay sod to cover the ruts is during September early October where temperatures are cooler to help promote good turf. We've put in sprinkler systems all the way until the ground is too hard to vibrate through or when snow is on the ground which is around November.

Mdirrigation
08-03-2004, 08:39 PM
If the company installing the system is using a vibratory plow there shouldnt be ruts , it should look as if very little was done at the end , If they are good you will hardly see any damage.

grassworks
08-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Bermuda (warm season ) grass should to continue to grow well in ATL for at least 7 -8 weeks.