PDA

View Full Version : Has another company called for a bid

curlawngreen
06-02-2000, 07:19 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has this happen to them?

Toroguy
06-02-2000, 08:00 PM
Im sure it has happened to me also, I dont worry, if I found out who, I would probably find a way to waste their time as well.

mountain man
06-02-2000, 08:03 PM
When I first got started, the sorry local Toro dealer (I drive to another dealer now) actually suggested that I call three local companies to come to my house so that I could get an idea of the going rates and how competition did things. This was one of the many unethical suggestions made to me. There will also be people who build their business the right way and those who cut corners, lie, cheat, steal, etc.<p>Maybe you should put together a quote she can't refuse. It would be kind of funny to see him loose mommy's account.<p>MM

trimmasters
06-02-2000, 11:06 PM
How can you say this is Wrong, it is a fact of bussiness, as it is done by every major store/service bussiness out there. You must be on top of the competition at all times!!

Toroguy
06-03-2000, 01:37 AM
I agree it is common all over in business. It feels like youve been violated in some way knowing someone has information on your dealings and remains secret. <p>I know how much it takes to make me a profit and cover the bases. The time and effort required to see what the competition is up to is futile. Either they charge less, which I wont, or they charge more, which I eventually will. I want the competition to fear me in an ethical quest for the dollar. <p>I wish I could give them the &quot;Unbelievable pricing plan&quot;...

southside
06-03-2000, 06:27 AM
Happens here all the time.We get phone calls<br>from new contractors in the area.After a <br>while you learn to pick them.<p>Karl<br>