PDA

View Full Version : Who is using the z-spray?

Pilgrims' Pride
08-05-2004, 10:11 AM
The title says it all.
Who is running the Z and what are your thoughts?
I (Knock on wood) have had decent luck with my pg lately but I'm saving my pennies for the z.
How are you guys making out with the machine?
What options would you take?
How is it on hills?
Tell us!

Thanks,

Bob

greenerpastures
08-05-2004, 04:57 PM
quickly-
I have ran a z a full season and consider it a real value. It has allowed me to double my accounts ---being I usually work solo on the turf side. Its capacity lets you bid larger jobs others shy away from. I have pretty much parked my 20ft boom sprayer, hose rig, and pusher (thank goodness).

major positives-
capacity, standardized spray system, plenty of power, hydraulic spinner, Tom Rich answers the phone

cons-
hopper will clog easily if fert has any moisture or is dusty, plugs have fouled twice on me.

hills can be a little tricky, especially if wet. Hose reel is handy, but seldom used due to its maneuverability. I added a marker which I found to be a necessity.

do z spray search and you will find plenty more.

Russ
08-06-2004, 08:31 AM
I demo'ed a Z on 7/23/04. Then I rode a PG on 7/27/04. I'm picking up a Z on 8/7/04. I can tell ya it will hold on hills a DC with a truckster won't hold on. I also like the single hole drop on the Spiker better than the 3 hole. For me, the Z is a better value.

GNRL
08-07-2004, 01:25 PM
I got the jr with the wide tire kit. The large hopper would be nice though.:D

DUSTYCEDAR
08-07-2004, 02:55 PM
u cant get better customer support

Russ
08-07-2004, 03:01 PM
I picked mine up today.

Tscape
08-08-2004, 12:14 AM
I will chime in here and try to add. It's all been said about customer support. That is true. Tom Rich is excellent to have on your side. My advice: get the biggest unit he makes. Gates can be handled with a push spreader. I mean really consider how many gates you have, and how big those yards are. I know I toyed around with trying to get a unit that will fit into small back yards and then I realized that really, I don't have many. I have the full sized unit and am really surprized at how many small lawns I do with it. The thing is highly manueverable. Awesome machine! Worth its weight in gold.

Pilgrims' Pride
08-08-2004, 08:09 AM
Russ,

Have you climbed down yet to tell us about it?

turfsurfer
08-08-2004, 12:52 PM
I basically have the large unit with only one spray tank and slightly smaller engine. It's the Jr. with large hopper, wide tires, and 50 ft. reel. I really like it.

smoke johnson
08-08-2004, 08:18 PM
I have purchased 5 of these machines in the last year and don't know how i did it with out them. I tried the PG but it sucks,a 5 gallon bucket with holes in the bottom of it would be better atleast I would not have work on it all of the time. Just wrote that off as a bad investment. I have 2 of the Z-Plugers on the way and can't wait. basicly this is the best machine out there. Can't wait tell the Louisville show to see what they are coming out with next year