PDA

View Full Version : Dealer wants loaner back

bob
08-08-2004, 02:33 PM
My 02' Duramax suffered the from the injector seal problem on July 13th. It sat until I took it to the dealer, on July 19th. The new injectors are hard to get. I borrowed 2 trucks for the next 2 weeks , to cut lawns. I finally got the dealer to rent me a truck on July 26th. The rental truck is costing the dealer $60 a day ,and 25 cents a mile. The dealer called me up and wants to put a new set of the old style injectors in, because the rental is costing them a lot of money. They said that when the new re-designed injectors arrive, then they would replace the injectors again. I told them that this would talk to my GM rep. at the GM plant were a work my daytime job on monday.

olderthandirt
08-08-2004, 03:02 PM
aug 18, and you get a brand new truck at least in ohio if a dealer has any new vehical over 30 days in a yrs time you have a choice of $$$ back and I mean all of it or a new vehical its the ohio lemon law. The federal law that affect the purchase of a vehical is called the mageneson moss act which act as a sort of back up to each states lemon law so an attorney can get them on federal laws if state laws fail. Went through it a couple yrs ago and its a piece of cake

Mac

Paul Corsetti
08-10-2004, 11:48 PM
buy ford products

MudslinginFX4
08-10-2004, 11:50 PM
CHEVROLET= Crank Hard Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time
FORD= First On Race Day

beransfixitinc
08-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by ECM LAWN
CHEVROLET= Crank Hard Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time
FORD= First On Race Day

Or, you can go for the special edition, FORD TBU.

First On Race Day To Blow Up. :D

pottstim
08-12-2004, 04:46 AM
what about all of the injector and turbo problems Ford has been having with their new 6.0 PSD? I have heard plenty of accounts of injectors failing and filling the crankcase with huge amounts of diesel fuel, which leads to engines being damaged or destroyed. Any Ford guys care to elaborate on this? :rolleyes:

married2dalawnman
08-12-2004, 08:50 AM
And we cant leave out the popular
F - Fix
O - Or
R - Repair
D - Daily
ok i had to put that in, any one have one for GMC?

hosejockey2002
08-12-2004, 12:40 PM
It's funny how a thread with a legitimate question or problem often deteriorates into a useless Ford vs. Chevy (or Dodge) debate. Maybe these adolescents will grow up someday. Anyway, I think olderthandirt is on to something with that 30 day thing. I think the real reason that they want you to drive the truck with the old injectors is to keep your truck from being in their shop for that 30 days. I'd tell them to stick it, they can keep the truck until it's fixed.

2004F550
08-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Dodge isnt even in the running w/ GM and FORD :p

bob
08-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Buy a Ford? Its hard to turn down that fat GM discount! By the way, the rental truck is an 04' Ford turbo diesel. Its pretty nice!

D.A.M. Lawn Care
08-16-2004, 04:05 PM
GMC=General Mess-o Crap
(I own one and I love it):)

bob
08-16-2004, 10:27 PM
I got my Duramax back today. The rental cost the dealer $1711.33 for 21 days. Thats over $81 a day!

crawdad
08-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by bob
Buy a Ford? Its hard to turn down that fat GM discount! By the way, the rental truck is an 04' Ford turbo diesel. Its pretty nice!

The rental truck that the GMC dealer is paying for is a FORD? I love it.
I wouldn't let them slide, make them fix your truck correctly before you accept it back. Tell them, "I'm kinda likein' that Ford..." That'll go right up their "you-know-what."

Crawdad

hosejockey2002
08-17-2004, 12:52 AM
I got my Duramax back today. The rental cost the dealer $1711.33 for 21 days. Thats over $81 a day!

Sweet! Only 9 more days out of service and you can make them buy the SOB back from you. Seriously though, I hope they got the trouble fixed and you'll be happy with your truck. Right now I'm running an '84 Chevy 3/4 ton and I'd be happy with any of the new ones.....

i_plant_art
08-17-2004, 01:02 AM
G M C Garage Mans Companion

pottstim
08-17-2004, 03:05 AM
FORD backwards: Driver Returns On Foot :D

Yes, GM does have a problem with these injectors, but at least they are making it right and uping the warranty on them to 10 yrs/200,000 miles. I believe that is right, please correct me if I am wrong.

Paul Corsetti
08-21-2004, 10:40 PM
my 03 has had no problems 25k on it no turbo or inject. problems keep that ford they rented you and you will be happy, chevy is ok but i rhink ford is a stronger all aroud truck,a old timmer told me one time if you buy anything other than a ford it will be a ford tow truck towing it in and if you crash a ford ambulance hauling you to the emergancy room, makes you wonder

J.Gordon
08-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Paul Corsetti
my 03 has had no problems 25k on it no turbo or inject. problems keep that ford they rented you and you will be happy, chevy is ok but i rhink ford is a stronger all aroud truck,a old timmer told me one time if you buy anything other than a ford it will be a ford tow truck towing it in and if you crash a ford ambulance hauling you to the emergancy room, makes you wonder

If I were you, I would start associating with people that werenít so close-minded.

Dig-it Landscaping
09-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Do any of you drive dodges with that cummins power. I get more power and reliability outof it than any ford or chevy i've owned or driven