PDA

View Full Version : Irrigation work wanted.

jerryrwm
08-08-2004, 04:15 PM
I originally posted in the employment forum, but decided to post where the irrigation folks hang out.

I am wanting to relocate from South Texas to the Middle Tn (Nashville) and East (Chattanooga-Knoxville, etc) area, or west side, of NC (Charlotte area)or SC (Columbia and west), or north Ga.(north of IH-20). We want to move closer to family in SW Penn, but not too close!

I have been a licensed irrigator in Texas for 22 yrs. I am also a certified backflow tester with Texas and National certification through the ABPA.

Have experience in design, estimating, and installation of residential to large commercial systems, maintenance and service of commercial and residential systems. Also qualified with valve locators, fault finders, multimeter, and other trouble shooting tools as well as good old common sense. I actually trouble shoot the irrigation system rather than start changing components until I happen to stumble on the fix. I also operate trenchers, rock saws, as well as fork lifts. Not too shiney in a Bobcat, and have a little experience with a backhoe.

I am looking for a job with a solid, growing company that is looking for an experienced, qualified irrigation professional. While I am not looking for an entry level ditch digging position, I do know which end of the sharpshooter goes in the ground, and am not scared of using one.

I will forward a resume to those that might be interested, and have references on request.

Thank you,

Jerry R

UNISCAPER
08-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Too bad you are not looking in California...We are trying to build the irrigation maintenance/installation division. No sharp shooters usable in most situations here, it is Caterpillar excavators, trenchers and our good buddy Emanual Labor, a young but strong immigrant with great work ethic..

Critical Care
08-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Sounds like you'd be a good right hand man to have around. I currently work alone in my business, but for sure there have been many times when I could have used someone, especially someone with your experience.

As a thought... You've posted this within the irrigation forum, because thats where the irrigation folks hang out, but there could be some guys in the commercial lawn care or landscape forum that are interested in expanding into the irrigation business as well. It's a bit like fishing; tough to find the right bait, and you never know exactly which hole to cast your line into.

Good luck.

i_plant_art
08-24-2004, 09:44 PM
check out this site it might help you out some..... http://www.irrigationjobs.com

Green Sweep
08-25-2004, 06:21 AM
Move all the way up to SW PA. We are in desperate need of experienced guys.

firststarkid
09-01-2004, 12:01 AM
do you wanna move to VA i have an extra room and i pay good too.