PDA

View Full Version : Fertalizing Licsense????????

Forest
08-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how a person would go about getting licsensed for things such as applying Fertilizers???. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-Forest

odin
08-08-2004, 11:44 PM
get ahold of your state department of agg.They can get you all the study materials etc .

Forest
08-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Great... Thanks for the info Odin. Much appreciated. -Forest

tiedeman
08-08-2004, 11:59 PM
yup check with your state...some states don't require you to have a fertilizer license, but a pesticide license is needed

odin
08-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by tiedeman
yup check with your state...some states don't require you to have a fertilizer license, but a pesticide license is needed

yup your right there some states dont require for fert ...here in ILL they do for fert and pesticide

tiedeman
08-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by odin
yup your right there some states dont require for fert ...here in ILL they do for fert and pesticide

here in Michigan no to fert, but yes to pesticide. Sometimes I wish that they would have for fertilization because of the people that are not trained and put it down incorrectly. Fertilizer is just as poisonous as pesticides. A lot of cities here in Michigan have banned phosphorous fertilizer applications

Forest
08-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Great. Thanks for all the info guys. -Forest

Trevors Lawn Care
08-09-2004, 04:23 PM
here in Michigan no to fert, but yes to pesticide. Sometimes I wish that they would have for fertilization because of the people that are not trained and put it down incorrectly. Fertilizer is just as poisonous as pesticides. A lot of cities here in Michigan have banned phosphorous fertilizer applications

Wow, I guess i need to do some more studying. I waas under the assumption that I had to have a license to put anything down. Hmmm.

Trevor

tiedeman
08-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Trevors Lawn Care
Wow, I guess i need to do some more studying. I waas under the assumption that I had to have a license to put anything down. Hmmm.

Trevor

to put pesticides down on turf in Michigan you have to pass the core exam first, and then the Category 3A Turfgrass exam.

CamLand
08-09-2004, 06:38 PM
i believe that to also be true for putting down Preen??

Trevors Lawn Care
08-10-2004, 01:12 AM
to put pesticides down on turf in Michigan you have to pass the core exam first, and then the Category 3A Turfgrass exam.

hey tiede.

Maybe you could point me in the right direction to take these tests, as this will be the next big step for Trevor;s Lawn Care

thanks

trevor

tiedeman
08-10-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Trevors Lawn Care
hey tiede.

Maybe you could point me in the right direction to take these tests, as this will be the next big step for Trevor;s Lawn Care

thanks

trevor

email me and I will help you out

troytiedeman@sbcglobal.net

Forest
08-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Hey guys, in doing some research i found a link in the pestiside and herbicide forum that will help us all out....check it out, it shows you where you need to go in all 50 states....Just a thought, should help tho...Good Luck and thanks again. -Forest

Forest
08-10-2004, 11:08 AM
oops.....http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61624

try that!