PDA

View Full Version : facts & statistics about lawn care?

mowingismylife
08-09-2004, 02:10 PM
hey i was just wondering if there is any sites that have facts about how many hours the average person spends doing yard work and stuff like that? and also is there any sites that have info about do-it-yourself vs. hiring a lawn care service? i have looked and looked on the need but couldn't find any any help would be great

Lawnboy112
08-09-2004, 02:16 PM
I don't think there is. Besides that, what kind-a question is that? Just my two cents.

chevyman1
08-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Lawnboy, relax. I believe he is trying to build an informative sheet for advertising about the cost associated with DIY lawn care vs. hiring a service. This is what companies do in advertising in order to grow market share and sell value, or "value propositions"

Remsen1
08-09-2004, 02:30 PM
did you know that 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot? (in fact i just made that up!)

i would suggest determining your own statistics based on the sized yards that your marketing to.

chevyman1
08-09-2004, 02:36 PM
I have a really good flier with some basic stats....one I created was a ROI statement (Return On Investment) for homeowners with yards big enough to call for a rider mower...after they buy it, service it, use it, plus add in their time vs having us come and do it weekly...

gml9
08-09-2004, 04:58 PM
"Relax, Lawnboy"lmao!!!!....perhaps the Crapsman is wearing off on you.lol

tx_angler
08-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by chevyman1
I have a really good flier with some basic stats....one I created was a ROI statement (Return On Investment) for homeowners with yards big enough to call for a rider mower...after they buy it, service it, use it, plus add in their time vs having us come and do it weekly...

Would you like to share that information and the documentation to back up your claims? That information might really open the eyes of homeowners that they can save money by having their lawn done professionally and help a lot of LCOs here secure more business.

Richard Martin
08-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Lawnboy112
I don't think there is. Besides that, what kind-a question is that? Just my two cents.

It's just something he wanted to know. Remember that's why we all come here.

And while we're at it what's up with your signature line? A bigger mess I've never seen.

======================================
2 21" Mowers 1. 6.5HP MTD and 1. 6HP Craftsmen.
I also use my grandfathers 4015B Dixon ZTR 42" 15.5HP around his house when I have 3 acconts( I can post pic of it if you don't believe me..
1 Troybuilt Weedwacker( brand new, my dad bought last week).
1 Craftsmen Blower(1 year old)
======================================

It's nice that you use your grandfather's ZTR but who cares?

Here, try this sig line:

4015B Dixon 15.5 hp ZTR
21" MTD 6.5 hp
21" CRAFTSMAN 6.0 hp
Troybilt trimmer
CRAFTSMAN blower

See how nice that looks? Everything is spelled correctly without all of the commentary. It just looks more professional.

Mr. Magpie
08-09-2004, 07:29 PM
The scary thing is that in certain small areas if a home owner buys a decent walk mower and accessories, they can make a really good return by doing their neighbors' lawns along with theirs, if they don't mind spending an extra several hours a week. Once the equipment is paid off (a couple months), they could easily be making a good $30 an hour pure profit, in a small lot area. Shhhhhhh, don't let the word out!

DennisF
08-09-2004, 07:37 PM
I read an article on home maintenance a few years ago and it stated that the average homeowner spends about 75 hours per year mowing his lawn and trimming shrubs. That's almost two work weeks per year doing yard work.