PDA

View Full Version : how lawns look

Mowerboy04
08-09-2004, 06:15 PM
i'm relly upset right now because none of my lawns look as good as some of the other lawns around me. it seems as if all the other lawns are just perfect. right now i run a bobcat 219 with a striping kit. and i was wondering if i could get some tips on how to get my lawns looking better. thanks

CamLand
08-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Alex,if possible take a couple diffrent pictures of your lawns and we can try and help...also what are the problems that your having??

Trevors Lawn Care
08-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Alex,
I agree, if you tell us more...We may be able to help you out a bit more. Tell us what is wrong with your lawns.

Trevor

Mowerboy04
08-09-2004, 06:23 PM
i'm not getting a clean cut for 1 and am having a hard time getting striping on my lawns. and the other thing is my lawns don't look as clean as others. o also i will post some pics as soon as i figureout how

CamLand
08-09-2004, 06:26 PM
please do,it really will help, with the rain we have been having you should be changing your blades everyother day.as for looking as clean as other lawns..thats were you have me stumped until i see some pictures...

scott in the soo
08-09-2004, 06:29 PM
sharpen your blades every 10 cuts...

i recently switched from every 25 cuts to every 10 and i am seeing a huge difference. i hate to state the obvious, but you would be amazed what a difference sharp blades make.

also, check tires, make sure they have same psi...

Trevors Lawn Care
08-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Mowerboy04
i'm not getting a clean cut for 1 and am having a hard time getting striping on my lawns. and the other thing is my lawns don't look as clean as others. o also i will post some pics as soon as i figureout how

I am in the same boat with one of my mowers. I cant seem to get a clean cut no matter which way i go (tire pressure, level deck, deck pitch, sharp/new blades) My advice is do the best you can right now. One thing you have to remember, most of your customers just want their grass cut, because they are to lazy too.. One thing i noticed is, I was way to picky and it was killing myself, and even when i thought the yards wernt looking good, i would get compliments on the invoices or i even had one guy who would call every week and say how nice it looked. Funny thing is, his lawn was the one that i seemed to have the crappiest cut on.
I am just going to make it through this summer with what i got, and buy new equipment next year.

Trevor

Mowerboy04
08-09-2004, 06:56 PM
hey i can't post a pic becase it says its to big and i can't resize it if any one wants it tell me your email and i email it directly to you thanks

gvandora
08-09-2004, 07:31 PM
What is the quality of the lawns you are cutting? A lawn with plenty of weeds will not cut nicely.

bobcatnj
08-09-2004, 07:42 PM
double cut the lawns