View Full Version : Learning Everyday

08-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Just wondering how many of you buy and actually read books to improve your knowledge of lawn care and landscaping? Any good suggestions to help out would be nice.

08-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Sneaky, I've bough two books so far, one by Nick Masons with Ashton Richie, by Scott's and a kind of "regional one from a dude out of Oklahoma.... Both have been absolutely invaluble. However, beware, a lot of books out there contain the same info. I wish I could find some new ones to read myself as well.. The books are VERY interesting.

08-10-2004, 02:11 AM
This is funny you are talking about this before I just picked up 3 new books this past weekend, spent about $70 on them. I am constantly studying or trying to take some type of certification. But have to agree, all of the books out there are pretty much the same. Those three books I picked up, I really only needed one of them. But yes, I will always learn at least one new thing in the books I picked up.

08-10-2004, 11:41 AM
I get a couple business/managment related books every year cause I suck at that aspect of the job.

08-10-2004, 11:50 AM
I am the book...the cover's getting a little faded tho.

08-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Go to a local college or school website that has a horticulture program. That is the best source I have found. Lawn and landscape books from a bookstore have been of little help. Its a tree book not lawn but Arboriculture 4th ed by Harris,Clark,Matheny has lots of specific info.