PDA

View Full Version : Learning Everyday

Sneaky
08-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Just wondering how many of you buy and actually read books to improve your knowledge of lawn care and landscaping? Any good suggestions to help out would be nice.

txlawnking
08-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Sneaky, I've bough two books so far, one by Nick Masons with Ashton Richie, by Scott's and a kind of "regional one from a dude out of Oklahoma.... Both have been absolutely invaluble. However, beware, a lot of books out there contain the same info. I wish I could find some new ones to read myself as well.. The books are VERY interesting.

tiedeman
08-10-2004, 02:11 AM
This is funny you are talking about this before I just picked up 3 new books this past weekend, spent about $70 on them. I am constantly studying or trying to take some type of certification. But have to agree, all of the books out there are pretty much the same. Those three books I picked up, I really only needed one of them. But yes, I will always learn at least one new thing in the books I picked up.

BCSteel
08-10-2004, 11:41 AM
I get a couple business/managment related books every year cause I suck at that aspect of the job.

SouthernFried
08-10-2004, 11:50 AM
I am the book...the cover's getting a little faded tho.

Geoffrey
08-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Gentleman,
Go to a local college or school website that has a horticulture program. That is the best source I have found. Lawn and landscape books from a bookstore have been of little help. Its a tree book not lawn but Arboriculture 4th ed by Harris,Clark,Matheny has lots of specific info.

Geoff