PDA

View Full Version : not to sure how to ask this question?

Scenic Lawnscape
08-09-2004, 11:47 PM
After walking all day and sweating and it going down your back, it starts to really hurt in the "lower" area and then it starts to hurt to walk and then it hurts to sit down, because you are basically rubbed raw, what can you do to prevent this. I have tried diffrent under-ware, and no luck any ideas. I am trying to type this as clean and polite as possiable.. incase you are wondering i am talking about the buttocks.

Thanks

Rich

ofishil
08-09-2004, 11:48 PM
baby powder and a fan

ElephantNest
08-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Goldbond Medicated Powder

grassworks
08-09-2004, 11:53 PM
are you referring to "chaffing"

baby powder or lotrimin af lotion if it get's bad..... It's a Diaper rash so to speak .

txlawnking
08-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Get the Gold Bond medicated, it comes in a green plastic container. If you think the condition you describe is bad on the rump, try getting the rawness on the groin...

GNRL
08-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Slide a little KY in there.:blob2: :cry:

olderthandirt
08-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Icy Hot will cure ya problem and make you want to walk again

Mac

all degree
08-09-2004, 11:59 PM
What you are experiencing is the dreaded "cowboy disease" have not gotten that in about 10 yrs...

Mikes Lawn Landscape
08-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Hire a helper and buy a Z problem solved :D

DALMlawn&landscaping
08-10-2004, 12:20 AM
yeah, i got the chaffing in the groin, but it goes away by just putting some neosporin on it, i just can't skip a day. i always used goldbond with no problems (as we call it a 'mint' for your....)but for some reason one day i just happened to get it, so i stopped and used neosporin. sorry if its too much information:eek: but yeah... i'll end this now

Lbilawncare
08-10-2004, 12:23 AM
We call it "Jungle Rot", a little baby powder will help.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
08-10-2004, 12:34 AM
wow, I thought I was the only one who had that problem.

chuckers
08-10-2004, 01:54 AM
when its really hot out i try to change my pants when i use the bathroom or when i get a chance but then again i can do that in the trailer it also helps

fixer67
08-10-2004, 02:03 AM
My co-worker laugh at me because I have a box of baby powders I keep in my tool box but I am not the one walking around in discomfort. If I was you I would keep a box of powders in the truck and when needed find a place to use them. Gas station bathroom, port-a-john or woods.

dustin ward
08-10-2004, 02:35 AM
i know what you mean i have a slipped disc in my back coming down on my nerve,i use something called biofreeze,it that cant help it sometime i than break out the vicodin

tiedeman
08-10-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by topgunlandscaping
After walking all day and sweating and it going down your back, it starts to really hurt in the "lower" area and then it starts to hurt to walk and then it hurts to sit down, because you are basically rubbed raw, what can you do to prevent this. I have tried diffrent under-ware, and no luck any ideas. I am trying to type this as clean and polite as possiable.. incase you are wondering i am talking about the buttocks.

Thanks

Rich

I get this lots of times because I am big legged. The best thing to do is just keep it clean and dry as possible.

sildoc
08-10-2004, 03:12 AM
Aquaphor! Number one Doctor recomended for Diaper rash. Start out in the monrnings with a little in the crack and sack and have no problems at all. Trust me My wife is a Neonatal Nurse and I use it daily. I only remember that it is so good when I get in a hurry and forget. Other than that when you do get it use gold bond after your shower and it should be close to gone in morning. If not gone use Aquaphor and it will be by lunch. Good luck. May the burn be with you.

KCON1
08-10-2004, 03:19 AM
haven't that problem in the rear but I've definetly had some chaffing in the groin after walking for a couple hours in wet pants when it's hot as hades. best solution Gold Bond Powder as every body recommended and even better for me was switching from boxers to boxer briefs no loose motion equals less chaffing.

Sooners
08-10-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by topgunlandscaping
.. incase you are wondering i am talking about the buttocks.

Thanks

Rich

Don't sound like jock itch in the groin to me. Sounds like you're "behind" in your work. Just kidding. It's 1am here. LOL.

I use tinactin or Noxema skin cream for "the itch". I've never had a raw behind though (except when I got a spanking as a kid). In the summer when it's really hot I go home at lunch and shower and put on fresh clothes. This may not be possible for you.

DALMlawn&landscaping
08-10-2004, 03:24 AM
in football, when all the freshmen would come to practice, after practice, everyone would be getting out of the shower and we would all put on gold bond on our groin area, and then they would ask whats it for and we would tell them and give them the extra strength kind, and then they would sit there for a minute and then be like, SH!T IT BURNS! and we'd act all scared and say, well go rinse it off! and it would only make it worse, man it was funny... so the moral of the story, use regular strength, the yellow bottle, dont use the blue bottle.

mtdman
08-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Change your pants/underwear during the day. I take a complete change of clothes with me daily in case this starts to happen. Baby powder works well, as does all the usual diaper rash thingys.

Trevors Lawn Care
08-10-2004, 11:01 AM
hahahaha

ROTFLMFAO

Its called crotch rotch. Happens the firrst day of spring break every year. Put on baby powder and you'll be fine all day.

Trevor

chevyman1
08-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Boxer briefs dude

fga
08-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by chevyman1
Boxer briefs dude that's what i was going to say... but you kind of have to pull them up tight:D so its fabric on fabric if that make sense. that's prevention...

to slove the problem. come home and just sit at your computer till the pain goes away typing on LS.

gvandora
08-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Make sure your work pants aren't too tight and restricting airflow.

bobbygedd
08-10-2004, 04:33 PM
sleep naked, with your butt next to the aIR conditioner

chimmygew
08-10-2004, 05:30 PM
When it happens to me, I slap some vaseline on it to lube her up in the morning and use my kid's desitin at night.

Royalslover
08-11-2004, 12:36 AM
I just change undies once a week whether I need it or not.

steve122
08-11-2004, 12:44 AM
I like corn starch a lot better than baby powder. Cheaper than baby powder. Baby powder does nothing for me. Corn starch morning and evening after a shower and never ever (for me) drink more than helping of gatorade or similar poduct. Makes my sweat eat me up. Never have tried the Gold Bond, can't comment on that. If all else fails and it hits me, like others have said, lube job with vaseline.

tiedeman
08-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Royalslover
I just change undies once a week whether I need it or not.
LMAO!!! Once a week, LOL!

MikeLT1Z28
08-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by sildoc
Start out in the monrnings with a little in the crack and sack and have no problems at all.

some things are better left unsaid, THAT however was funny! ;)

dvmcmrhp52
08-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Hydrocortizone (spelling?)cream............................

Steve9
08-11-2004, 12:50 AM
I just mow in a diaper and use Boudreux's Butt Paste..found at Wal Mart.
Duct Taping your "swingers" back between your legs works well if your "tea bag" is chafing.

benb0808
08-11-2004, 12:53 AM
Vaseline while working and Gold Bond medicated at night. I played college soccer and had this during pre season 3 a days. IT SUCKS!!! Vaseline will save the day...Gold Bond will make it go away!

KCON1
08-11-2004, 12:55 AM
boxer briefs , and get the Under Armor brand or some of similar material. unlike regular cotton that you can ring agallon of water out of on a good day . these babies stay perfectly dry no matter how much you sweat

kalyeah
08-11-2004, 01:07 AM
I remember in the army a lot of guys would wear panty hose to keep from chaffing. It would also help with blisters on your feet. That was always a little too sissy for me. I just wore Knee highs. Always wondered why they called it Clinton's army. Seriously. Gold Bond keeps me going.

tippi931
08-11-2004, 01:26 AM
i think the best thing is what we did while i was in the army this worked great during the summer while in the swamps of Florida this may seem a little strange but you think you got is bad try doing this and not able to take a shower or nothing for 3-4 weeks. as soon as it was time to go out the underwear came off, i know crazy but hey this worked great rather freeball than walk around raw all the time

WoodBrothersLC
08-11-2004, 02:07 AM
Buy some Under Armor Compression shorts or any kind of compression shorts, they are meant for athletes and people doing a lot of movement.

sildoc
08-11-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by steve122
I like corn starch a lot better than baby powder. Cheaper than baby powder. Baby powder does nothing for me. Corn starch morning and evening after a shower and never ever (for me) drink more than helping of gatorade or similar poduct. Makes my sweat eat me up. Never have tried the Gold Bond, can't comment on that. If all else fails and it hits me, like others have said, lube job with vaseline.

And now we know where corn bread came from.

coalburner
08-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Boudreaux's Butt Paste it's all you need, and Wal-Mart sells it.

www.buttpaste.com

mc752000
08-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Ditto coalburner I was going to say the samething that's what I use when it happens !!!

satch
08-11-2004, 02:36 PM
corn starch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fescue Farmer
08-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Hydrocortisone Cream - Gold Bond Powder - Tinactin - air - air - air - boxer briefs - but most important ---AIR!

You may laugh at this, but after mowing and trimming when it comes time to blow, I crank my trusty Stihl back pack blower up, lock the throttle in full position and insert blower tube up one leg of my shorts - aaaahhhhhhhhh - what relief - the air goes up one leg and down the other - since I have started doing this - no more crotch rot!!!!

Ol'time Lawncare
08-11-2004, 04:38 PM
......put a rag in your mouth, close your eyes , grint your teeth ...and dump alcohol all over it,that will reinforce your skin in that area and be able to over come it in time! cave man doctorin

fga
08-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Fescue Farmer

You may laugh at this, but after mowing and trimming when it comes time to blow, I crank my trusty Stihl back pack blower up, lock the throttle in full position and insert blower tube up one leg of my shorts - aaaahhhhhhhhh - what relief - the air goes up one leg and down the other - since I have started doing this - no more crotch rot!!!! remind me if you ever put that blower on ebay, to not bid on it. thanks:) :D

txlawnking
08-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Ouch!! My Stihl blows hot air, I can't immagine it being too refreshing!!! I don't even want to immagine the blowtoch effect on my Unit....

Green&Growing
08-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Like someone else said.......FREEBALL IT

lots of air circulation and nothing to rub you raw. I was in the Infantry for 3 years and we all freeballed it in the field for a month at a time. I was in Hawaii and Haiti and it worked great until I ripped the crotch out of my BDU's on an exercise. Had to keep going with the twins looking out a window until we stopped moving. Then sew up my pants without poking myself.
But I doubt you will have the same problem. Maybe carry a extra pair of shorts just in case though.

grassyfras
08-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Wear the swim trunks or anyhting with that mesh in it no underwear.

Royalslover
08-11-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by sildoc
An

d now we know where corn bread came from.

This whole thread is halarious but I'll never look at cornbread the same again.

Sooners
08-12-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Steve9
Duct Taping your "swingers" back between your legs works well if your "tea bag" is chafing. DUCT TAPE?? OUCH!!!

PMLAWN
08-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Vaseline is good.
OR- walk bowlegged naked-problem will go away as most of you customers will fire you and you will not have to do this any more.

Olderthandirt---Icyhot???? you are a bigger man than I.

Kip
08-12-2004, 03:38 PM
believe it or not...liquid Mylanta spread over the affected area. do this at night...the next morning good as new try it and see

NC Scaper
08-12-2004, 07:02 PM
that crazy about this thread is i never had not one problem till i read all of this yesterday before i went out, and sure enough at the end of the day i could barely walk :eek:

PMLAWN
08-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Are we not men!! Walk it off!! Work through the pain!! Build up some calluses. Come on man (sorry Jodi) NO pain No gain

Well OK, pass the Vaseline

NC blame it on the 2 storms comming our way as they are pushing a lot more moisture into the air and you are sweating more. Or maybe it's just in your head. Happy chaffing

CapnDean
08-12-2004, 10:25 PM
CapnDean's cure for athlete's ass.....

CornStarch. We use it after wade fishing in salt water all day.

Gold Bond powder is second....but don't put it on your balls, it will sting.

Royalslover
08-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Kip
believe it or not...liquid Mylanta spread over the affected area. do this at night...the next morning good as new try it and see

If you were the first person to put mylanta on your package, what made you think off that? Isn't that like putting aspirin on a bruise? :confused:

DALMlawn&landscaping
08-13-2004, 01:13 AM
CapnDean! come on, you have to put cornstarch on after wadefishing all day? haha, never had that problem, but anyways, goldbond feels good on your nuts, it only stings if you use the extra strength, after a while of using it, it becomes addictive.

GreenMonster
09-23-2004, 02:33 PM

OMG, I don't know how I missed this thread.

Gold Bond works better than baby powder BECAUSE it has starch. That's what collects the moisture. No one will believe this, but working in paper mills (especially the southern ones :angry: ) before we discovered gold bond, we would cut up potatoes in thin slices, and put them in each pant pocket, front and rear. At the end of a 12 hr shift, each slice would be a little, black, shriveled up piece of nothing. Prevented the crotch rot, though.

jpmako
09-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Please don't tell me that we have devoted a whole thread to mowers ass, aka monkey butt, swamp ass.
Just suck it up.. Get a Velke that sure helps or a Ride on Machine...

guystevenl
09-23-2004, 11:47 PM
I remember in one of my Mountain Bike Mags. Seeing a product for saddle sores, and to prevent them...It came in a deoderant type container. Always wondered if it worked, But i also feared how gross it would be to reapply it day after day just from stick deoderant sort of container. Stuff's called bodyglide.

jaybird
09-25-2004, 01:39 AM
corn starch instant cure.