PDA

View Full Version : Pics

FrankenScagMachines
08-09-2004, 11:38 PM
I'll be adding to this slowly as i get more pictures and time to post.
Enjoy!

FrankenScagMachines
08-09-2004, 11:47 PM
To start off with, here's Big Blue, when i first got it. Next I'll show a picture taken earlier today. You can see i've done some work to it!

1989 Ford F350 XL dually, 8'x12' flatbed, '94 Jasper rebuilt 460 c.i. big block V8, C6 3 spd a/t with towing coolers, c/c, a/c, tilt wheel, cloth seat, 167,000 miles on truck, 77,000 on engine. Tranny recently rebuilt (under previous owner).

FrankenScagMachines
08-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Forgot- it also came with the trailer brake controller and wired up for everything.

Here is what I've done to it:
Cosmetic/customizing:
16" high solid oak sides, am/fm/cd player, dual exhaust (stripped everything and put on dual Cherry Bomb glasspacks, then ran 2.5" pipes to the back and into the stock pipes over the axle, then put on 3.5" chrome tips, it sounds very mean when you get on it :blob2: ), seat cover, straightened the bumper, painted the bed and wheels. Spent a couple days cleaning it (still dirty LOL), removed previous LCO owner's lettering. Added worklight to top of headache rack, wired in a lighted rocker switch under dash with a fuse for it.

Mechanical repairs:
new rear axle seal driver side. Adjust rear brakes so they actually work, new misc. radiator hoses, new wiper motor, new heater core, new PCV valve, new fuel filter, new air and breather filter, new spark plugs and wires, changed oil and filter, etc.

It's a very solid work truck and is pretty easy to work on compared to my last one ('90 F250 w/351). The big block and flatbed setup is easy to get around for repairs and such :D

it is a beast of a truck.

FrankenScagMachines
08-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Some stripes with the 36" TTHP & Proslide. Cut at 2.5" (by special request not my decision LOL).

FrankenScagMachines
08-10-2004, 10:00 AM
More 36" TTHP stripes, this time I was walking (no proslide). I just use standard blades on it, no doubles or high lift.

FrankenScagMachines
08-10-2004, 10:02 AM
All of the pics that follow are made by a '04 Ferris IS1000Z 52" 23hp kawasaki with front suspension. No striping kit. Some made with standard blades some with doubles some with the bagger...

Rooftop view of a lawn. Stripes are also going diagonally to form an X on top of the straight stripes but they never show up in the pictures for some reason :o

FrankenScagMachines
08-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Backyard of same lawn. Hot tub/jacuzzi/whatever is by the front left corner of the mower, against the house. Personal tanning bed in basement. Lexus SUV and two new motorcycles (one a Harley forget what the other is) in the garage.

FrankenScagMachines
08-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Front yard of same lawn from where the truck is parked. Now you can somewhat see the angled stripes.

FrankenScagMachines
08-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Another shot of that front lawn but showing angled stripes.

FrankenScagMachines
08-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Another lawn. For some reason the way the light hit it, made the lawn look dried out. This lawn stays pretty green and moist looking.

FrankenScagMachines
08-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Mowers.
The eXmark is my custom walk behind- 36" 17hp V-twin kaw powered hydro floating deck. Yeah, it rocks :D The Lawn Boy is self propelled with the mulcher setup, and is a 2 stroke Silver Series. I got it for $50 runs good. :D

FrankenScagMachines
08-10-2004, 10:19 AM
eXmark TTHP 17hp with 52" deck mounted & Proslide next to an old Scag 52" 14hp kaw hydro walk behind i used to have.

FrankenScagMachines
08-10-2004, 10:28 AM
eXmark 52" TTHP & Proslide stripes

FrankenScagMachines
08-10-2004, 10:29 AM
'96 Scag STHM 61" 22hp Kohler Command mower i used to have.

lawncare3
08-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Pics of the sound system on the truck. :D

Eric 1
08-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Wow, the truck is major improvement, not bad......even for a ford. lol.

Did you sell that Gravely w/b?

FrankenScagMachines
08-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Chris, I'll get it later.

Eric, thanks :) Yup sold the Gravely. Gave me no trouble during it's stay here, but it was just old and worn and the deck was a major PITA to adjust height. It didn't cut to bad if you had the deck lined out perfect and it threw clippings alright. Just didn't chop them up nice like an eXmark. I got i think $250 for it, homeowner bougt it to mow an acre and a half with (walking it all!).

Team Gopher
08-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Hi FrankenScagMachines,

Your truck looks like you put a lot of energy into fixing it up! Very nice!

FrankenScagMachines
08-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Thanks Gopher. The body still needs work! It looks better from a distance and in pictures than it does up close and personal... it has flaked paint (the metallic blue really isn't too bad of a color though, had to grow on me) and some rust spots, few dings and dents... I'd like to fix up the body sometime and letter it! It's a pretty solid truck mechanically.

FrankenScagMachines
08-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Pic of the rig all together after mowing today. I usually also have the Stihl edger with me, and when I have a helper I have the Kaw backpack blower too. On Fridays i have the Lawn Boy with me for one little front yard the lady insists on 21" (it does look better i admit LOL). Today i was workin solo and i take the Stihl trimmer and the Echo trimmer (didn't need edger) that way if one runs out of line or fuel i just grab the other, saves time on the job. I do keep a couple extra line spools for the Stihl that are kept full though.

FrankenScagMachines
08-11-2004, 06:58 PM
View from above (upper story of my house). The multi-colored thing in the bed is a tarp (mis-dyed so it was a special buy) actually it is part of my homemade Load-Handler (see next pic).

FrankenScagMachines
08-11-2004, 07:03 PM
LoadHandler... it basically consists of brackets on each side of the bed (bolted on each with two 1/2" bolts) one on the driver side has a big pillow block bearing and the one on the passenger side has a cable winch on it. I took off the cable and welded a 1" diameter solid shaft to the side of the cable drum and slipped the other side into the bearing. Stretched my tarp out and drilled holes to bolt it on in the grommets. I added lots of extra grommets to it so that it spreads out the stress better. The crank handle on the winch I take off when not in use becuase it sticks out farther. Then, under the drag mat tarp thingy I attached some slick panel board to the truck bed to reduce friction (this made a huge difference actually).

tiedeman
08-12-2004, 05:02 AM
that is a nice load handler setup. Good looking stripes!

FrankenScagMachines
08-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Thank you, thank you!
The Load-Handler is possibly not done yet. I haven't tried it with any real weight on it. Hopefully this weekend I'll get to load it down and see what it can do!

Eric 1
08-12-2004, 08:52 AM
Whats the big red rack beside the trimmers, is that the blower rack you were talking about?
If so how does it work.

gogetter
08-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey Eric, did ya ever think about one of those hydraulic lifts to convert the bed into a dump?

Just curious.

gogetter
08-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines

Rooftop view of a lawn.

By the way, does the customer know your're standing on their roof to take pictures?!? LOL!!

qualitylandscaping
08-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey Eric,

Does she have any skylights??!!!! lol only we would know:cool:

Don't forget about the Chopper lol!!! That was the best vacation I ever went on. Never knew I would have fun in corn country:D

Eric 1
08-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by qualitylandscaping
Hey Eric,

Does she have any skylights??!!!! lol only we would know:cool:

Don't forget about the Chopper lol!!! That was the best vacation I ever went on. Never knew I would have fun in corn country:D

Hmm, care to explain?
And whose chopper was that, i did not think FSM ever had one?

qualitylandscaping
08-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Eric,

The house he was standing on the roof for is home to one of the HOTTEESTT chics I've ever met. I think you can figure out why I asked if she had skylights:p

The Chopper belongs to a farm that we were mowing. If I remember right, the guy is a friend of Eric's family and he was going away for a few weeks and had Eric take care of it.. Not his, but it was still alot of fun to use!:)

Eric 1
08-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Skylights!!!!!!!!:cool:

I got you now.

That was a long drive you made to go to his place though.

qualitylandscaping
08-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Didn't go all the way there just to see him.. Family vacation thing.. Grandparents live on Lake Saint Louis and we meet them somewhere between here and there every year. Last year we just happened to pick a resort about 35 miles from Eric's house..

lawncare3
02-03-2005, 03:09 AM
Bump ----------------------

ChadA
02-03-2005, 04:37 AM
Nice pics. I always like to see other peoples work. Looks good.

FrankenScagMachines
02-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Thank you. This thread is really outdated. I have lots of better pics floating around on here as well, but this spring when we get the rig setup exactly like it's going to be for the 2005 season, I will post new pictures.

I have a 7.5' x 22' trailer that I custom built, Billy Goat leaf loader, another backpack blower, another trimmer, an old Dodge plowtruck, etc. I am maybe working on getting another walk behind also. We shall see! But I am going to hold off on posting new pics until we get it all together and cleaned up for one nice big picture (anyone have a panoramic view camera? :D )

TheChiefsLawnCare
11-01-2007, 10:17 PM
whats the big deal with stripes???

EagleLandscape
11-01-2007, 10:31 PM
this thread is nearly 3 years old, what were you thinking?

TheChiefsLawnCare
11-01-2007, 10:59 PM
lol, did even think 2 look at the date LOL