PDA

View Full Version : employees lunch

BladesAway
08-10-2004, 03:42 AM
Have you guys considered buying your employees lunch everyday? I had a boss once upon a time that bought our lunches. He said that the 5 bucks he spent on each of us ensured him that our minds were on work and not clouded by being hungry. He also picked where we ate everyday and often went to get it while we were working. Just thought I'd ask.

alpine692003
08-10-2004, 11:42 AM
I sometimes do, but I dont make it a habit..

SouthernFried
08-10-2004, 12:08 PM
When I had 1 or 2 guys, I always bought lunch.

They sometimes wouldn't have money, or would bag a lunch. I always like to eat inside to get away from the truck and heat for awhile. So, after awhile, I just decided to always buy lunch. Also guaranteed that I got to eat chinese every now and then.

I know they really appreciated it, and would tell thier freinds "my boss always buys us lunch." It was kind of a bragging thing for them. I think it paid off, and really wasn't all that much, usually around $5 each.

When I had 2 crews running, it became a little impractical. But, occassionally we would all meet for Lunch somewhere and I'd buy.

It was usually around 5$ a person, and only my idiot brother ever tried taking advantage of it..."Do you have lobster here?"

It worked well for me, and always guaranteed everyone had a decent meal. Sometimes we'd do breakfast if one of them looked especially squeemish that day...

tiedeman
08-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Once a week I would buy guys lunch (that was when there was 2 or less guys). We always went to a sub place that made them hot. Too bad the couple sold the business and now it is a real estate company

BladesAway
08-10-2004, 04:48 PM
There are alot of different perks out there but I think lunch runs a close second to an incentive program. Thanks

CamLand
08-10-2004, 05:03 PM
I always buy on Fridays and weekends and any Holidays if out working...also Birthdays...

dcondon
08-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by tiedeman
Once a week I would buy guys lunch (that was when there was 2 or less guys). We always went to a sub place that made them hot. Too bad the couple sold the business and now it is a real estate company

up, got lunch out of Wriken today in Mt.P:D

Geoffrey
08-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Ask yourself this is 25 bucks a week worth a happy employee?I read so many threads about how hard it is to keep good help. I think a fed happy employee is more likely to "knock those last couple lawns out" before quitting time. Obviously the more employees you have the more this has to be examined.

tiedeman
08-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by dcondon
up, got lunch out of Wriken today in Mt.P:D

I am still holding him on his offer for dinner

EastProLawn
08-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by CamLand
I always buy on Fridays and weekends and any Holidays if out working...also Birthdays... Same here......