PDA

View Full Version : Please Help me with this Bid!!!!

Dave655
08-10-2004, 12:43 PM
I know you guys get a lot of these, but I'm I sorry. This man stopped at a job I was doing the other day and asked if I would come take a look at his property and give him an estimant.
My observations-
- It will take about 2.5 hours for me to mow,trim, and blow.
- pretty much flat
- Lots of trimming!!!!
- Lots of trees.
My equipment-
-48" walk behind
- 21" push mower
- Dolmar trimmer
-Hand blower

I will be working solo on this job.

The two things I would like to know is what would your estimant be for this job? And what other things could I look for with bidding? Keep in mind that this is a residential, and I am doing this part time. Thanks so much for everything you guys and Gals are the best!!!!

Dave

jbell113
08-10-2004, 01:52 PM
I think $75 sounds good to me if your times are right.

Trevors Lawn Care
08-10-2004, 02:13 PM
My bid would be $100.

Just by you saying it will take 2.5 hours doesnt mean it will take 2.5 hours. Common mistake, I have done it several times. It seems it always takes longer than you thought.

Trevor

thegreenjeansman
08-10-2004, 02:18 PM
hello,at 2 1/2 hours to complete the job , you have to think of the golden rule of a buck a minute,your time is important and your should charge for it, if their is a lot of trimming that is a real time comsumer and detail specific, i'd say $120. single ,100 if you want to give him a deal to incourage repeat work,,the size of it really depends on how much i'd charge ,big,flat with alot of trim, i'd probably hit him for $200 to $350 a month for 4 cuts, i'd like to think your time will get shorter as you get the groove of the yard,i had one that started out at 3 hours to complete,now i'm down to hour 15 min, don't know if my info helps,good luck

Pecker
08-10-2004, 02:19 PM
IF you were running a 60" ZTR, I'd say $150 every other week. Or make him a deal $125 week, assuming it takes you exactly 2.5 hours. Keeping in mind that a job that takes 2.5 hours with a ZTR is much more time consuming job than 2.5 hours with a 48" WB.

Accordingly, with a 48" WB, you'll need to drop the price to fit your specific equipment and productivity: ie. $120/$100, depending on how productive you are; just my guess though since I'm not there.

Dave655
08-10-2004, 02:32 PM
You guys are great, I was thinking around the same prices.