PDA

View Full Version : Yearly contracts quiting after growing season???

AuburnGuy
08-10-2004, 03:32 PM
This is my firs year with Year-round contracts. I have not had this happen yet, but How do you guys handle this. Obviously The mowing price in the summer is a little cheaper than it should be because there are a few months where you will not be working very much. Do you guys have something in your contracts that charge a fee if they end the contract early, which causes them to get a deal in the summer and stiffing you in the winter?

Thanks for the help. I have not come up with a good plan for this.

jbell113
08-10-2004, 05:56 PM
In my contracts they can only cancel if I am not doing a good job.If they want to cancel and I know I have lived up to my contract I will give them the option to buy the rest of the contract out or we will have to go to court.

Littleriver1
08-10-2004, 06:14 PM
You need to state in the contract the amount you are chargeing per cut. If you do 10 cuts and they quit then they must pay for 10 cuts on the day they quit. If they have paid $200.00 and 10 cuts comes to $300.00 then they owe you $100.00.

ProStreetCamaro
08-10-2004, 06:43 PM
Thats why we dont have contract's. If they want to quit then so be it. A verbal agreement nowdays is concidered a contract and will hold in the court of law. We get all our customers from word of mouth so no contract is needed. Our work is our advertisement. Were not out to screw anybody so if a lawn doesnt need to be cut in the middle of summer, we dont cut it and we dont charge them. People on here kill me with all this "contract" mumbo jumbo.

prizeprop
08-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by jbell113
In my contracts they can only cancel if I am not doing a good job.If they want to cancel and I know I have lived up to my contract I will give them the option to buy the rest of the contract out or we will have to go to court. Does'nt that leave you open to the customer just saying your not doing a good job. It's really a matter of opinion.

tiedeman
08-10-2004, 07:52 PM
you really need something clear in the contract saying where if they opt out early they don't get the discount, have to back pay for the discount, or owe you a fee to get out of it

Tharrell
08-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Contracts........................are they notorized? It's a SERVICE AGREEMENT and it's not really worth much. It's really a bluff and most people know it.

MudslinginFX4
08-10-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by ProStreetCamaro
People on here kill me with all this "contract" mumbo jumbo.

I agree totally, I don't deal with residential contracts at all. Personally, if I was getting ready to hire someone to cut my grass it would scare me away if they were trying to lock me down to yet another contract. When I first sign up a new customer I go over with them what I expect and when payments should be made etcÖ if they have to cancel my service I ask them to please let me know 3-4 weeks ahead of time, thatís all I require and have never had any problems. I believe in being straightforward to people and treating them like other individuals, and thatís also how I expect them to treat me.